The Coronavirus Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck you, this is fucking America. We don't show "papers" in this country if we are citizens. You can step right the fuck off with that bullshit. It's not happening.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
That’s what sucks.

I lived in Nevada for a good portion of my life, Vegas and Reno, and I loved it. Beautiful, plenty to do, clean. But for political reasons I can’t bring myself to leave Texas. The walls are closing in. Being here in Katy/Houston and raising a two year old son, I worry about crime and saturation of undesirables. The Houston D.A. routinely lets people with felony records out of jail for no reason whatsoever. But outside of a place like the Dakotas, which look beautiful, where am I supposed to go?

I just want to raise my family in peace and safety. In terms of America, it seems like i’m a few decades late to that party.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That’s what sucks.

I lived in Nevada for a good portion of my life, Vegas and Reno, and I loved it. Beautiful, plenty to do, clean. But for political reasons I can’t bring myself to leave Texas. The walls are closing in. Being here in Katy/Houston and raising a two year old son, I worry about crime and saturation of undesirables. The Houston D.A. routinely lets people with felony records out of jail for no reason whatsoever. But outside of a place like the Dakotas, which look beautiful, where am I supposed to go?

I just want to raise my family in peace and safety. In terms of America, it seems like i’m a few decades late to that party.
Georgia is still a nice place to live.

Gun freedoms, nice folks, booming economy, moderately low cost of living outside of ATL, and beautiful land.

We live in central GA.

I can drive two hours in any direction and have either beaches, world class shopping, mountains, lakes, rivers, city, country, theme parks, swamps, national forests, crystal springs, canyons, white water rapids, etc.

I was born in Illinois and still have lots of family there. Compared to that shithole, Georgia is the land of Oz.

We also have gators and snakes, but they're part of the adventure.

p1_

DCC 4Life
WTF does that have to do with culture?
the shit is effecting the way we live, and the way we go about simple social interaction. You cant leave your home, you can't do this, can't do that. All because of the damned virus.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
the shit is effecting the way we live, and the way we go about simple social interaction. You cant leave your home, you can't do this, can't do that. All because of the damned virus.
*with a 99% survivability rate

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Georgia is still a nice place to live.

Gun freedoms, nice folks, booming economy, moderately low cost of living outside of ATL, and beautiful land.

We live in central GA.

I can drive two hours in any direction and have either beaches, world class shopping, mountains, lakes, rivers, city, country, theme parks, swamps, national forests, crystal springs, canyons, white water rapids, etc.

I was born in Illinois and still have lots of family there. Compared to that shithole, Georgia is the land of Oz.

We also have gators and snakes, but they're part of the adventure.
I could get behind that. I was also born in Illinois. Galesburg, 45 minutes from Peoria and about three hours south of Chicago. Obviously as a bachelor, you don’t care much about where you live as long as fun is involved. With my boy, I desire only safety. I’ve lived in multiple states over the years, but Georgia has yet to be one i’ve spent a lot of time in. Ultimately, I need space. But I know that costs money.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Damn near everyone has been ignoring Jenkins as he doesn't have the power to fine anyone for any of this

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I could get behind that. I was also born in Illinois. Galesburg, 45 minutes from Peoria and about three hours south of Chicago. Obviously as a bachelor, you don’t care much about where you live as long as fun is involved. With my boy, I desire only safety. I’ve lived in multiple states over the years, but Georgia has yet to be one i’ve spent a lot of time in. Ultimately, I need space. But I know that costs money.
We lived about an hour east of St. Louis in Vandalia.

There's always land for sale in GA, but the price has recently started going up. Seems like it's mostly because of folks with ATL money buying up hunting land.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
There's always land for sale in GA, but the price has recently started going up. Seems like it's mostly because of folks with ATL money buying up hunting land.
We just bought 80ish acres in the middle of nowhere central Texas to retire on and still paid close to 4k an acre and I got a deal cause was a family friend.

Top Bottom