The Coronavirus Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You didn’t even read the article.
Oh, I read it. And I noticed where it said foreign governments would have trouble rigging an election. Even though we all knew that, but that sure didn't stop the dem witchhunt starting immediately after the last Presidential election, did it?

Didn't really say much on a rigged election by our own, other than talking about things like matching signatures, and shit like that. ~snicker~

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Oh, I read it. And I noticed where it said foreign governments would have trouble rigging an election. Even though we all knew that, but that sure didn't stop the dem witchhunt starting immediately after the last Presidential election, did it?

Didn't really say much on a rigged election by our own, other than talking about things like matching signatures, and shit like that. ~snicker~
The University of Chicago article doesn’t mention foreign governments at all, what are you talking about?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Sure, we can believe when the media tells us voter fraud doesn't happen, because they've proven time and time again how trustworthy and unbiased they are. Or we can just look at what has actually happened. And recently.

President Donald Trump, claiming without evidence that mail-in voting results in large-scale voter fraud, is instead urging in-person voting against the wishes of several states’ election officials, as well as public health experts who warn of a greater threat of Covid-19 infection at physical polling places.
Cases of election fraud in the United States are exceedingly rare, although some experts acknowledge there are slightly higher risks with mail-in balloting when proper security measures are not implemented. A study earlier this year found that, on the whole, voting by mail does not benefit one party over another.
Until Thursday, the most prominent, recent examples of voter fraud had been committed by Republicans. In 2019, an election for a North Carolina House seat was tossed out after a GOP operative illegally collected ballots, and last week, Rep. Steve Watkins (R-Kan.) was chargedwith three felony counts of voter fraud related to the 2019 municipal elections.

From your quoted Politico article.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The University of Chicago article doesn’t mention foreign governments at all, what are you talking about?
The other article. Not interested in propaganda from a liberal school.

I read the other one because it was at least from a reputable source.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
urging in-person voting against the wishes of several states’ election officials, as well as public health experts who warn of a greater threat of Covid-19 infection at physical polling places.
So... Voting in person= BAD Assembling by the thousands to "peacefully protest"= GOOD

The exact nanosecond that dem leaders condemned any gatherings BUT protest, (who we bullshitting, let's call it what it is. Rioting.) they lost any last shred of credibility.

116289981_3187570551322404_8201840417353537650_n.jpg

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Sure, we can believe when the media tells us voter fraud doesn't happen, because they've proven time and time again how trustworthy and unbiased they are. Or we can just look at what has actually happened. And recently.
This is an opinion piece that talks about “may have” “seems likely” and the only statement not placed as such is:
“Thus far no one is calling for the results to be overturned. Indeed Dan McGrath, who spearheaded the inquiry, told Fox News, "We aren't trying to change the result of the last election. That legally can't be done." He added: “We are just trying to make sure the integrity of the next election isn't compromised."

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The other article. Not interested in propaganda from a liberal school.

I read the other one because it was at least from a reputable source.
So we’re back to only those that say what I want to hear or think like me aren’t biased... Anything different is propaganda..,

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So we’re back to only those that say what I want to hear or think like me aren’t biased... Anything different is propaganda..,
If you want to stick with that stupid narrative, be my guest. Don't care in the slightest.

I told you I read the other one because of the source, and obviously you aren't going to post something that goes against what you're arguing.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
So... Voting in person= BAD Assembling by the thousands to "peacefully protest"= GOOD

The exact nanosecond that dem leaders condemned any gatherings BUT protest, (who we bullshitting, let's call it what it is. Rioting.) they lost any last shred of credibility.

View attachment 690737
We were talking about mail in votes, now it’s about a person from this administration not wearing a face mask (with people he probably cohabits with btw)?
What is it you always say about moving goalposts?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The biggest problem with mail in ballots is there is extra handling of ballots as opposed to the polling booths securing the ballots directly and personal delivery to the individuals who tally the votes. The postal system has mail scattered at many stations and the reliability of the postal system is sometimes questionable as to expeditious handling. a single mail piece can go through dozens of sorts and employee assistance just to get from one source to the next. Absentee and other mail in ballots requires a long lead time and that cannot be afforded to the general election date because even the time zone difference can make a difference in balloting because of news reporting so think of all the lead time for mail in that could have had an effect in the waiting time when people might have a change of heart before the election day and they mailed a ballot 3 weeks prior.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We were talking about mail in votes, now it’s about a person from this administration not wearing a face mask (with people he probably cohabits with btw)?
What is it you always say about moving goalposts?
That obviously ties into it, dummy. Fauci says wear a mask or die. And his judgement is being used in pushing the vote by mail narrative.

You're not really this stupid, are you? I really wonder.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
If you want to stick with that stupid narrative, be my guest. Don't care in the slightest.

I told you I read the other one because of the source, and obviously you aren't going to post something that goes against what you're arguing.
The article you quoted ( and probably didn’t read either, just googled election fraud) states that mail in votes should not be a concern for fraud and don’t favor either party.
what narrative am I sticking to?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The problem is everything that doesn’t come from the ones that say what you want to hear is biased. You didn’t even read the article. So basically any study done by an institute of higher learning is biased. Any article from the media (other than fox or breitwhatever, et al) is biased...
And everything is a conspiracy vs Trump (even in the rest of the world)...

The issue is that nobody is honest when it comes to this type of shit.

So that would require using common sense, or uncommon sense.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've thought about this as well and the only thing I can think of is they're being overly cautious because we're dealing with a multi-billion dollar industry where the employees are in the the elite 1% of what they do. This isn't Walmart where if there's an outbreak among the employees, they can just quickly grab 10 guys off the street with minimal loss of work quality.

All that said, I still think fans could be allowed in the stands in some capacity. Maybe block off several of the lower level seats....first 10 rows or something like that. Then socially distance fans from there. Especially in sports like baseball where they're not even staying and playing within a bubble. The Marlins already have at least 4 players who tested positive. So yeah it seems dumb and a bit hypocritical to play in completely empty stadiums only to then release players back out into society trusting them to adhere to an honor system. These are young males with lots of money and big egos. Good luck with that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What's wrong with this picture? If it's his immediate family members why would a mask be required, especially if they're not near anyone?

What am I missing?
The woman is his wife. The guy to his right is not a family member.

Either way, going out on the mound where nobody is within 60' of him while wearing the mask, then sitting in the stands right next to two people and not wearing it seems a bit strange, no? Of course, he knew the cameras where on him while on the mound, and not so much during the game. Just seems a bit hypocritical for the supposed face of covid safety standards to be doing this, imo.

He claims to have only taken the mask down to drink water during the game. But there are multiple pictures of him during the game where he is both talking to the guy on the right, and just sitting silently watching the game. All with no mask on.

Do as I say. Not as I do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom