The Coronavirus Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They have moved on to the next social crisis that they will attempt to lay at Trump's feet. They're all as whimsical as middle school girls.
I wonder if the Covid panic will fade away now that they have a new toy to play with.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I wonder if the Covid panic will fade away now that they have a new toy to play with.

Yeah, I wonder how it'll play out. However, we're going to the lake tomorrow for a week and I think I'm just going to not give a fuck for a while. It's wearing me out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, I wonder how it'll play out. However, we're going to the lake tomorrow for a week and I think I'm just going to not give a fuck for a while. It's wearing me out.
I haven't given a fuck the entire time this nonsense has been going on. Oh, and guess what, I didn't for H1N1, SARS, Swine flu, AIDS, and flu was going on, either.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I haven't given a fuck the entire time this nonsense has been going on. Oh, and guess what, I didn't for H1N1, SARS, Swine flu, AIDS, and flu was going on, either.

Hell, I'm starting to long for the days of a week ago when we were just worried about a pandemic that was fizzling out.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't even know what "default speed limit" means. Do they not have posted speeds everywhere? And obviously if there is a posted speed that's what people are still supposed to go by. It just seems like a total over reach of authority which politicians feel free to do right now for some reason. It's crazy.
I don't know about Missouri but in Pennsylvania, state statute described what the default speed limit was on different types of roads. Highways often posted the speed limit, and anywhere it was different than the default was posted, but there was a state-wide general speed limit on 2-lane roads, 4 lane-roads, etc. That way no one can claim "Well it wasn't posted!" Uh, well, it's in the statutes.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The economic consequences are yet to be seen
Right. The pandemic smelled of manipulation from the start with all the panic dialogue and no actual hard data to know a correct analysis of the dangers and survival rate. It worked because a lot of paranoid individuals reacted with hoarding and spreading fear to the entire country. All this aided by the political propaganda pretty much laid out a contrived scheme.

The Loyd thing is separate but offered some of the detractors of the current administration an opportunity to add chaos in the country. It’s quite possibly the most treasonous scheme ever perpetrated on this country.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Does anyone know if the virus can die out if its unable to spread to another person? Example: lets say no-one had it but one person living by himself and he died. Would that end it?

Or is it like the demon from Fallen and always one step ahead of the human race

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Does anyone know if the virus can die out if its unable to spread to another person? Example: lets say no-one had it but one person living by himself and he died. Would that end it?

There are dozens of viruses that have been around for some time. This one will be also but it’s the concentration of the virus that is key. There are many areas in this country that virtually are virus free so this circumstance will obviously not generate any more cases. You can’t catch it if there is no one that has it. If there are areas that continue to generate new cases then those areas are the ones to concentrate the efforts of trying to eradicate it there. In time with immunizations and antibodies of prior infected individuals the cases will continue to go down.

Alreadythe majority of the country is seeing less and less cases so in time the majority of the country will be in a non contagious environment.

Heavy populated areas have always been the Achilles heel for disease and virus outbreaks. The offset is the open air country as an an example the area my wife is from in Northern California. The entire county has 3 or so cases so how can you get infected if those 3 are in treatment and the rest of the county is virus free. That is the strategy for dealing with any pandemic. Concentrate efforts where the problems are and allow the rest of the country to use sensible precautions.

Little you can do about the paranoia of some so allow them to overact and go on about your business. If you are in an area where there are lots of cases be super cautious. If you are in an area where the cases are almost nil just use common sense.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Damn dude, way to bring up last years outrage

Sheik

DCC 4Life
There are dozens of viruses that have been around for some time. This one will be also but it’s the concentration of the virus that is key. There are many areas in this country that virtually are virus free so this circumstance will obviously not generate any more cases. You can’t catch it if there is no one that has it. If there are areas that continue to generate new cases then those areas are the ones to concentrate the efforts of trying to eradicate it there. In time with immunizations and antibodies of prior infected individuals the cases will continue to go down.

Alreadythe majority of the country is seeing less and less cases so in time the majority of the country will be in a non contagious environment.

Heavy populated areas have always been the Achilles heel for disease and virus outbreaks. The offset is the open air country as an an example the area my wife is from in Northern California. The entire county has 3 or so cases so how can you get infected if those 3 are in treatment and the rest of the county is virus free. That is the strategy for dealing with any pandemic. Concentrate efforts where the problems are and allow the rest of the country to use sensible precautions.

Little you can do about the paranoia of some so allow them to overact and go on about your business. If you are in an area where there are lots of cases be super cautious. If you are in an area where the cases are almost nil just use common sense.
The party is in the President Trump Thread. What are you doing in here?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom