The Coronavirus Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Sheik

DCC 4Life
To date, Covid has killed 0.03% of the United States population.

That’s 0.01% more, or 30-40k more than the flu.

What are we really doing here?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
To date, Covid has killed 0.03% of the United States population.

That’s 0.01% more, or 30-40k more than the flu.

What are we really doing here?
Been asking that a while myself. Stats are that recovery rate is about 99.5%.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Okay, what are you guys really seeing?

How many people do you know who are being extremely careful?

I’ve been counting as much as I can, people who come to my place of business with a mask on.

If they aren’t wearing a mask, I assume they aren’t overly careful about who and where they come in contact with.

I try and watch to see how many people grab the door vs using their forearm or hip to push it open to leave.

I’d say roughly 80% of people I see daily are not cautious when it comes to this shit.

I’m almost to the point of believing the people I would otherwise place in the category of “crazies”, when they say this shit is highly political and possibly covering for something else.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay, what are you guys really seeing?

How many people do you know who are being extremely careful?

I’ve been counting as much as I can, people who come to my place of business with a mask on.

If they aren’t wearing a mask, I assume they aren’t overly careful about who and where they come in contact with.

I try and watch to see how many people grab the door vs using their forearm or hip to push it open to leave.

I’d say roughly 80% of people I see daily are not cautious when it comes to this shit.

I’m almost to the point of believing the people I would otherwise place in the category of “crazies”, when they say this shit is highly political and possibly covering for something else.
I'm curious to see what happens here at the Lake of the Ozarks. Everyone has been bashing the big parties here this weekend. But if a massive hotspot here doesn't ensue I'm going to lean heavily in favor of the fact that the lockdowns were a huge waste of time and people need to lighten the fuck up and live their lives.

And if a hotspot ensues than so be it. At least people here were free to make that decision for themselves instead of being forced into something. If you're worried stay home and protect yourself and stop judging what others feel comfortable doing. FYI Travis Kelce was here the weekend before at the same bars. So it's not like people with money are hiding in a hole either. They all are living life up while the masses hide in fear.

data

Forbes #1
Nothing in terms of order of magnitude will happen to people under 65 years.

Lake of Ozarks isnt the first place on Earth that has people in this proximity and there isn’t a nation or town that’s being decimated biblically. We’d be assuming that every nation, every suburb/town was successfully quarantining. No f’n way.

I just hope those fuckers tipped well while I sit here trapped on my couch, twiddling my thumbs three months later.

Domestically, if doomsday is gonna come, it’ll ravage the public-housing ghettoes first. So far, not happening.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That old Swedish epidemiologist Johan Giesecki was right all along:

- Lockdowns aren't going to work because eventually people in a free society will just ignore them anyway.

- The virus is going to spread throughout the population no matter what because it is highly contagious, but

- Fortunately it isn't a huge killer and the vast majority of people will have either mild or no symptoms

- We should have protected the elderly better than we did (but at first we didn't know) and should do that now

- Only a tiny percentage of kids are affected and they don't seem to even transmit it often, so closing schools is crazy

- The biggest worry of this pandemic and the lockdowns is power-grabbing authoritarians, not the virus itself.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Shit like this is gonna end up with someone shot

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That old Swedish epidemiologist Johan Giesecki was right all along:

- Lockdowns aren't going to work because eventually people in a free society will just ignore them anyway.

- The virus is going to spread throughout the population no matter what because it is highly contagious, but

- Fortunately it isn't a huge killer and the vast majority of people will have either mild or no symptoms

- We should have protected the elderly better than we did (but at first we didn't know) and should do that now

- Only a tiny percentage of kids are affected and they don't seem to even transmit it often, so closing schools is crazy

- The biggest worry of this pandemic and the lockdowns is power-grabbing authoritarians, not the virus itself.
Man, that shit is spot on.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yes, it will. Come on down to Lubbock and try this shit. It won't end well for you.
Yep especially having a crowd bullying a woman like that, my old lady woulda drawn down on there ass and God help them if they kept challenging her, she scares me sometimes.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

Shit like this is gonna end up with someone shot
Creepy AF, this shows how quickly people fueled with fear and "righteous" indignation can turn into a mob and it wouldn't take much more for them to resort to violence without missing a beat

its like a look into what it was probably like In the early days of Nazi Germany where jews were demonized, ostracized, etc, etc

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Creepy AF, this shows how quickly people fueled with fear and "righteous" indignation can turn into a mob and it wouldn't take much more for them to resort to violence without missing a beat

its like a look into what it was probably like In the early days of Nazi Germany where jews were demonized, ostracized, etc, etc
Thank you baby Jesus for the 2nd Amendment

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Have they made it a law to wear a mask in Staten Island?
I have no idea. But even if they did, which would just be more government overreach, this is still wrong. We can not allow mob rule like this. These morons are going to feel more emboldened because they got away with it, and continue to do so with even more aggression. Others will see this video and think it is ok for them to do the same thing.

Then eventually, one of these mobs will run across the wrong person. A person that decides to stand their ground. And that is when something awful will happen. Either with just fists and feet, or with somebody that is carrying concealed. And they would have the right to defend themselves if they thought their safety was in jeopardy with an angry screaming mob descending upon them while screaming threats and obscenities.

Social unrest is building.

Top Bottom