The Coronavirus Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
A matter of principle.
do you believe it does anything to protect the wearer or others?

I'm not 100% certain since Fauci and others straight up said dont wear a mask at the outset (but are now advocating & wearing) yet I've read other material that makes a case for wearing one so I dont mind wearing as its hardly a sacrifice and imo there are bigger issues to go to "war" over

Do we have to fight over everything?

Can we never have harmony about anything?

Why cant we collective choose to occasionally and temporarily do some things for the greater good vs never doing anything because of the fear it will lead to tyranny?

It just seems unnecessary to be obstinate about a mundane issue but of course you're free to do whatever you like

I was hoping you would have made a case for why it was unnecessary & perhaps convinced me to follow suit

FWIW, I wear one when I go out not because the government told me to but because it appears to offer some sort of protection for me and others and because I know some people are really freaked out by all of this and perhaps wearing might help ease a little angst for those who get in my proximity

Having said that, if I could be shown it was a complete waste of time and ineffective and I would drop it like a bad habit and advocate for ending a nonsensical, ineffective practice

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
do you believe it does anything to protect the wearer or others?

I'm not 100% certain since Fauci and others straight up said dont wear a mask at the outset (but are now advocating & wearing) yet I've read other material that makes a case for wearing one so I dont mind wearing as its hardly a sacrifice and imo there are bigger issues to go to "war" over

Do we have to fight over everything?

Can we never have harmony about anything?

Why cant we collective choose to occasionally and temporarily do some things for the greater good vs never doing anything because of the fear it will lead to tyranny?

It just seems unnecessary to be obstinate about a mundane issue but of course you're free to do whatever you like

I was hoping you would have made a case for why it was unnecessary & perhaps convinced me to follow suit

FWIW, I wear one when I go out not because the government told me to but because it appears to offer some sort of protection for me and others and because I know some people are really freaked out by all of this and perhaps wearing might help ease a little angst for those who get in my proximity

Having said that, if I could be shown it was a complete waste of time and ineffective and I would drop it like a bad habit and advocate for ending a nonsensical, ineffective practice
I don't think anyone knows if it's effective or not. I have heard it's safer for you, and then I have heard that it is safer for the people around you if you're asymptomatic. Nobody fucking knows anything about this virus because it's brand new and the wealth of misinformation the media is putting out is overwhelming. Just as you said, you're free to do as you want. I refuse to wear one as a matter of principle against the ridiculous overreaction to this thing.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Masks cause more problems than they're worth, because pretty much everybody is using them wrong. Nobody but trained medical personnel understand and actually follows proper aseptic technique. Once you put a mask on, you are not supposed to touch it anymore. Breathing into a mask is making them moist due to the humidity in your breath. And warm/moist things are a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses. Then people are constantly taking them off, putting them on, taking them off, etc... Also, moving them under their nose, or just pulling them down for a bit, or whatever. All the germs from your hands and on the mask are transferred back and forth to each other, only compounding the problem. Every surface you have touched and the germs you have picked up have now been put directly in front of their mouth and nose on to your mask. Not very smart.

I have some disposable masks that my family uses when we go somewhere that we will be in close proximity to elderly and/or sick people. Once we leave the area, the masks are removed and then disposed of. Other than that, we do not wear them just being out in the general public.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why? If I’ve got 3 months to live and need a kidney, as long as the information is transparent, I’d want the ability to choose that risk.

Correct me if I’m wrong but corona only attacks the lungs.
That wasn’t my point. You asked if one could use the organs of the dead. A very large portion of all organ transplants come from the dead. Since you didn’t condition your question with any stipulations I thought you were just making a joke.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Masks cause more problems then they're worth, because pretty much everybody is using them wrong. Nobody but trained medical personnel understand and actually follows proper aseptic technique. Once you put a mask on, you are not supposed to touch it anymore. Breathing into a mask is making them moist due to the humidity in your breath. And warm/moist things are a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses. Then people are constantly taking them off, putting them on, taking them off, etc... Also, moving them under their nose, or just pulling them down for a bit, or whatever. All the germs from your hands and on the mask are transferred back and forth to each other, only compounding the problem. Every surface you have touched and the germs you have picked up have now been put directly in front of their mouth and nose on to your mask. Not very smart.

I have some disposable masks that my family uses when we go somewhere we will be in close proximity to elderly and or sick people. Once we leave the area, the masks are removed and then disposed of. Other than that, we do not wear them just being out in the general public.
That’s essentially what I do. I wear them where there is a goodly amount of people but in circumstances where I’m walking on the streets or just mobiling about I don’t wear them.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Got it. To clarify to confusion, I also meant organs from dead humans on the planet Earth.
Is you question can you use organs from corona virus victims that are not affected by the virus itself?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What have you and wifey discussed about sending the kids back to school if schools reopened in Fall?
We haven’t discussed it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If I needed a heart to live and the only one being offered was from a match that (actually) died of Corona virus?

Yeah. I'm am more than willing to take that chance of catching it or not.

data

Forbes #1
Seems a missed opportunity it’s not being considered.

It’s a flu, not blood disease or cancer.

The virus was probably only contracted a couple weeks prior to death, so condition of that organ is probably in good shape.

Oh well, just wondering what silver lining can be drawn from all this madness.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If I needed a heart to live and the only one being offered was from a match that (actually) died of Corona virus?

Yeah. I'm am more than willing to take that chance of catching it or not.
Yeah it sounds ridiculous when you evaluate the circumstances. Get a heart or die or get a heart and maybe die but maybe live.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:towel

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
there's a debate to be had about the efficacy of masks (the govt has flip flopped several times) but you can't just flout an establishment's rules like that

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
A lot of places, especially in California, require masks in public establishments.
Yes I know quite a few states/cities still require them, why I was asking

Top Bottom