The Beer Thread

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
IKR.

Common sense says sell the stronger stuff in stores so more people will drink it at home and stay off the roads. But Oklahoma was like, nah....

Reminds me of a law I ran into in PA a number of years back.

I went to a beer distributor to get a 6 pack. I grabbed one that I wanted, that was in a larger box of 4 of them that was meant to be a case, but divided into individual 6 packs.

I tried to buy 1 of the six packs and the cashier told me that BY LAW I couldn't, I had to buy the whole case, or else something else that was specifically sold as a 6 pack. Something about not being allowed to break up cases I guess? I forget the exact reasoning, but some sort of attempt to curtail alcohol consumption by forcing people to buy more or something. Ass backwards.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I tried to buy 1 of the six packs and the cashier told me that BY LAW I couldn't, I had to buy the whole case, or else something else that was specifically sold as a 6 pack. Something about not being allowed to break up cases I guess? I forget the exact reasoning, but some sort of attempt to curtail alcohol consumption by forcing people to buy more or something. Ass backwards.
I will say that a lot of times laws like that are accused of being about religion when in fact they're good old fashioned politician buy-offs by the liquor (or whatever) interests benefit from them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm actually going to a game at that new Rangers stadium in April.

I hope I can find the same sorts of amazing craft brew on tap there that I can at Jose Altuve GOAT Park.

:art

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm actually going to a game at that new Rangers stadium in April.

I hope I can find the same sorts of amazing craft brew on tap there that I can at Jose Altuve GOAT Park.

:art
For the astro fans we have a special tap for them:

1708017697851.png

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Seager has a couple of things to say and more to add hopefully going forward.
That WS HR was monstrous and he built quite a resume out in LA as well.

But Papi and Altuve are on another level as far as postseason clutchness goes. It's just crazy how many big hits they've had.

Maybe Seager can catch them, but he's got a ways to go.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That WS HR was monstrous and he built quite a resume out in LA as well.

But Papi and Altuve are on another level as far as postseason clutchness goes. It's just crazy how many big hits they've had.

Maybe Seager can catch them, but he's got a ways to go.
I wouldn't say "ways" to go. 2 MVPs already and younger than those 2. Just saying that he is in the conversation.

Top Bottom