The Beer Thread

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I tried a couple of ciders about 10 years ago and didn't really enjoy them. Haven't had any since.

Maybe I'll give ciders another try to see if it was just the brand and flavor that I didn't like.
It’s possible. I don’t really care for Redd’s but Cider Boys is good and angry orchard is decent. Try draft first way better than bottled.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oklahoma had a similar law for a while. I believe it was recently changed.

IIRC, for the longest only beer with something like a 3% ABV could be sold in stores. You had to go to a bar to get beer that had a normal/higher ABV.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

IIRC, for the longest only beer with something like a 3% ABV could be sold in stores. You had to go to a bar to get beer that had a normal/higher ABV.
Well that sounds backwards ass.

gp_cowpolk

DCC 4Life

You can buy real beer here now but you can not buy cold beer in a liquor store

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They are usually made by Evangelical hypocrites.

Worse than that, they are usually by Evangelical hypocrites from 150 years ago, and the politicians of today are too afraid to change it.

They aren't afraid to stomp on our freedoms or waste our tax dollars, but they're afraid of that.

Edit: shit, I see you guys are talking about a new law. I should have read the whole thread.

Anyway... :unsure

Genghis Khan

As an aside, this sort of idiocy is a big reason I haven't gone back to the Republican Party after I left in 2016. This pseudo religious bullshit is a big waste of everyone's time, energy and money, and diminishes freedom for no good reason. This does not represent my interests. It will not achieve it's stated purpose of reducing drunk driving.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
As an aside, this sort of idiocy is a big reason I haven't gone back to the Republican Party after I left in 2016. This pseudo religious bullshit is a big waste of everyone's time, energy and money, and diminishes freedom for no good reason. This does not represent my interests.
These are local silly laws, though. And that bill was just introduced. It will never pass.

Genghis Khan

Pennsylvania was a state where you couldn't get alcohol outside of a bar, beer distributor or liquor store at all up until the last few years when super markets started figuring out loopholes.

Even now, if I go to a supermarket that sells alcohol, it's in a separate section of the store, I can only purchase it in THAT section not the supermarket at large, and I can only buy up to a certain amount (I forget the exact amount).

It's totally absurd.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Even now, if I go to a supermarket that sells alcohol, it's in a separate section of the store, I can only purchase it in THAT section not the supermarket at large, and I can only buy up to a certain amount (I forget the exact amount).
Really? That's surprising. We don't even have that in Texas.

Top Bottom