The Beer Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
InBev, a Belgian(?) company. It became AB-InBev well over ten years ago.

It might explain why that ridiculous ad and that equally ridiculous backpedaling ad were allowed to fly. European influence.
We've caught and passed the Euros in the Woke Olympics. They've actually put in common sense policies against a lot of this garbage in the last couple of years.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Her thinking reflects how kids are educated now. Not selling enough beer? It must be because you aren't woke enough! "Inclusivity" and wokeness is the answer to everything.

When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got an idea, I'll revive this brand by totally alienating it's consumer base and try to attract young and liberal consumers who mostly enjoy cocktails and craft beers. Some people have their heads so far up their own ass that they have no idea what the hell they are doing. Just crazy to me that someone like that got put in a position to have a campaign for Bud Light.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Advertising for something like beer is strange to me. I drink something because I like the taste, not because of some dumbass commercial.

Are there really people out there that will stop drinking something they enjoy and switch to something they like less just because they like the advertising campaign?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Advertising for something like beer is strange to me. I drink something because I like the taste, not because of some dumbass commercial.

Are there really people out there that will stop drinking something they enjoy and switch to something they like less just because they like the advertising campaign?
No, but there are people that will stop drinking a beer because of the advertising campaign.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

I'm with you, but the last three years in particular have shown how gullible and easily manipulated most people are.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Her thinking reflects how kids are educated now. Not selling enough beer? It must be because you aren't woke enough! "Inclusivity" and wokeness is the answer to everything.

When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

It's also extremely condescending.

"The only way you could possibly relate to our product is if you see people in your identity group using it."

That's a pathetic and maybe even bigoted thought process.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I have to tell ya, I never envisioned any world where beer talk seemed like what it is now.

And what the fuck Budweiser?

All you had to do is just is march the fucking Clydesdales out there until the end of time.

One job. Simple.

That is a dynasty, you dumb motherfuckers.

And another damn thing...fuck the Kelce Brothers.

Cotton

Staff member
All you had to do is just is march the fucking Clydesdales out there until the end of time.

One job. Simple.

That is a dynasty, you dumb motherfuckers.
They had such great marketing campaigns and they fuck it all up with a tranny.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They had such great marketing campaigns and they fuck it all up with a tranny.
They got too out there. I cannot fathom for the life of me who made that decision. But then again, they did not know their audience. And shame on the leech consulting firm that advised them to tap into the gay market.

Cotton

Staff member

(my favorite, btw)

So many good ad campaigns and this doesn't even factor in the Clydesdales.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Greatest beer ad ever.

The Clydesdales commercial always reminds me of football and the holiday season.

They should have just played that forever and ever.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Greatest beer ad ever.

The Clydesdales commercial always reminds me of football and the holiday season.

They should have just played that forever and ever.
The Spuds MacKenzie ad campaign was great as well.

With us being neck deep in the reboot culture, I'm surprised they haven't tried to bring back the Spuds ads.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Even the frog Budweiser campaign was good. Not sure why they thought they needed to go left field now with such a good past.

Top Bottom