The Beer Thread

junk

Not So New Member
Now that the canned versions of Fat Tire and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale are becoming readily available in my area, I'm getting where I actually prefer it in cans.
I saw some article the other day talking about how a lot of microbreweries are preferring to go to cans.

Back to beer - anyone had Sierra Nevada Hoptimum? Not a fan. I like IPAs and hoppy beers, but if they get too hoppy they taste almost sweet. I had another like this, Shipyard XXXX I think it was.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Smoking ribs and enjoying the pale ale

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Sixer of Newcastle Brown Ale tonight... good stuff.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
On my third St. Bernardus ABT 12 at the Phoenix airport. Very nice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have now found my new favorite beer.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Firestone Walker Double Jack. Outstanding.

I'm going to be in Denver in October and will be attending a session of the Great American Beer Festival. Looking forward to it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Sierra Nevada is already a good beer.....but by draft?

Fuggettaboutit.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
So here in Dallas area, does anyone know a good place to buy bottled beer from local breweries?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Anyone tried Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale?

I bought a 6 pack this afternoon but haven't cracked it open yet.

It scored pretty well on the Beer Advocate website.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Anyone tried Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale?

I bought a 6 pack this afternoon but haven't cracked it open yet.

It scored pretty well on the Beer Advocate website.
It's decent but it's nothing compared to their Summer Ale, so I am jaded.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I am not a fan of flying dog. Though its been a long time since I've tried it, I might have to give them a second chance.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Has anyone tried "Founders All Day IPA" yet?
I have. Pretty solid but definitely a lighter version of an IPA. Their Centennial IPA and their Breakfast Stout are both damn good.

I just came across a Firestone Walker Double DBA Limited Reserve. Was surprised to find it around here. Happened to be at the right place at the right time. Not huge into barleywines but this one is supposed to be awfully damn good.

Also got a bottle of Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. Going to try that one tonight.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Overrated IPA: Ranger

In fact, Fat Tire is the only thing from New Belgium that I really loved, and I'm already tired of that. To be fair I haven't tried even close to their entire selection.

Their pale ale is decent.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

In fact, Fat Tire is the only thing from New Belgium that I really loved, and I'm already tired of that. To be fair I haven't tried even close to their entire selection.

Not a fan of Ranger at all. It was the first IPA I ever had and at the time I thought it was pretty good. Until later that day when I had a Modus Hoperandi and realized Ranger is shit.

junk

Not So New Member

I like New Belgium, but they aren't even the best brewery in Fort Collins. Just the biggest. O'Dells is way better in my opinion.

I tried a Left Coast IPA tonight. Trestles, I think. Not too impressed.

Right now, I think the West Coast Green Flash IPA is about the best one I've had lately.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I like New Belgium, but they aren't even the best brewery in Fort Collins. Just the biggest. O'Dells is way better in my opinion.

I tried a Left Coast IPA tonight. Trestles, I think. Not too impressed.

Right now, I think the West Coast Green Flash IPA is about the best one I've had lately.
One of the former Odell brewers works here in Austin now as the head brewer at a brewpub called Pinthouse Pizza. Their beer is OK. Doesn't necessarily stand out but is good.

There is a Sprouts near my house that sells individual bottles of beer and they always have the West Coast IPA. I've had a lot of it and I really like it. Nice and hoppy but doesn't hit too hard. Can have a few without getting too lit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom