The Beer Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I like Apple Crown and I like plain old Crown, too.

If that makes me a horny sapien, so be it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Pumpkin Spice Crown.

Would you purchase?

Choose wisely.
I would NOT purchase, but I would take a shot if someone poured me one.

It's etiquette, part of being a decent human being.

If it tastes like complete ass, which I'm sure it would...you have every right to let your pal know.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Banana nut bread beer sounds odd, but it's still one of my faves. I guess it's a "dessert" beer but also perfectly capable of drinking throughout a hot early afternoon without feeling full. Great test, less filling
I've had a couple of southern pecan beers that are pretty good.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I've had a couple of southern pecan beers that are pretty good.
I, too, like the pecan beers.

You should pick up a 12 pack and come see me one Sunday.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was at the supermarket just stocking up with beer for tomorrow and it was alarming.

Usually, I have a destination with the beer, I go right where it is and get it. I don't browse.

Well today, I wanted to browse. I wanted a make your own six pack, they had exactly six options, one of which was non-alcoholic.

FAIL.

Then I decided to go find an old standby with Warsteiner.

It was completely drowned out by the seltzers.

One of these fucking things was fifteen bucks for a 12 pack.

Hilarious.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Did these assholes that organized awarding the World Cup games to them did not realize they banned alcohol? It was a decade ago, but they were pretty stupid to think they would just abide by these last minute agreements.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Did these assholes that organized awarding the World Cup games to them did not realize they banned alcohol? It was a decade ago, but they were pretty stupid to think they would just abide by these last minute agreements.
They can still drink, just not in the stadium. Some people cannot enjoy an event without being hammered.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They can still drink, just not in the stadium. Some people cannot enjoy an event without being hammered.
Sort of but not really. They are pretty strict there and frankly I'd be scared shitless to drink.

"Alcohol is available only at licensed hotel restaurants and bars, and expatriates living in Qatar can obtain alcohol on a permit system."

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sort of but not really. They are pretty strict there and frankly I'd be scared shitless to drink.

"Alcohol is available only at licensed hotel restaurants and bars, and expatriates living in Qatar can obtain alcohol on a permit system."
Sounds like we'll have a few more Brittney Griner's before the World Cup is over.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
So I have come around to liking some beer if you use the term loosely. I can enjoy most ciders, and there have been a couple of Leinenkugels brews that are pretty good. Still don’t like straight up beer but some of the flavored stuff is good.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
So I have come around to liking some beer if you use the term loosely. I can enjoy most ciders, and there have been a couple of Leinenkugels brews that are pretty good. Still don’t like straight up beer but some of the flavored stuff is good.
I had a cider a few times at a restaurant that brewed it in house. I loved it.

Beer is something I drink just to drink, but I’ve never liked it. I much prefer hard alcohol if I’m going to drink socially.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I love a good apple cider. Not a damn thing wrong with it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I've had bottled Yuengling a few times and it was ok, but it's been my go-to tap beer at our local Mexican joint for a couple years now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom