Terrence Williams Re-Signed

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In a completely different league.

Butler may be stylistically similar to Harper in some ways, and body type, but he is nowhere near the acrobatic catcher nor has he come up big in big moments like Harper has.

This is like saying Andy Jones reminds you of Terrell Owens. Yeah, there are some similarities, sure. Talent level is not one of them.
Harpers yards per catch was insane. I don't think Butler is that caliber of a deep threat.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In a completely different league.

Butler may be stylistically similar to Harper in some ways, and body type, but he is nowhere near the acrobatic catcher nor has he come up big in big moments like Harper has.

This is like saying Andy Jones reminds you of Terrell Owens. Yeah, there are some similarities, sure. Talent level is not one of them.
You were what 9 to 15 during his playing years?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You were what 9 to 15 during his playing years?
I watched every game on TV from 1992 on, and living in the Philadelphia area that was pretty much most of them since they got NFC East Priority. And had them all on tape those years, and watched them over and over. I would watch them for fun in the ample free time that kids have. By the mid-late 90's we had satellite and Sunday Ticket as well, so I saw all of them.

I love it when people try to throw it in my face though, as if I didn't see those games more often and more recently than they have. :lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I watched every game on TV from 1992 on, and living in the Philadelphia area that was pretty much most of them since they got NFC East Priority. And had them all on tape those years, and watched them over and over. I would watch them for fun in the ample free time that kids have. By the mid-late 90's we had satellite and Sunday Ticket as well, so I saw all of them.

I love it when people try to throw it in my face though, as if I didn't see those games more often and more recently than they have. :lol
Then you should know more than anyone how erratic Harper could be at times.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
For what it's worth, Harper's yearly averages in Dallas:

Receptions: 31
Yards: 621.5
TD: 4.5

He definitely turned it up in the playoffs. In 10 games had 24 receptions for 655 yards and 4 scores. Averaged 27 yards per reception in the post season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And you should know how much better than Bryce Butler he was.
I haven't taken that position at all. My statement was that Butler reminded me of Alvin Harper. I am not comparing their careers. Butler has no career to compare.

Top Bottom