Syria

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
While I agree that most of this is political and for party affiliation reasons, some of it has to do with where we are as a country.

Before everyone was like YA KILL SOME PEOPLE CAUSE 9/11!!

At this point we are broke, wore out and thousands of our soldiers are dead. I think the passion to kill some Arabs has lessoned and the mood has turned.
I would have been all about killing some people after 9/11.

In fact, I had been out of the Marines for about a year and tried to join again because I was so pissed. Luckily I came to my senses before I could, but I understand the anger at the time.

The problem is, we went after the wrong person/country and even after we realized it was bullshit (by we I mean the American people. Bush and the government knew from the word go that it was bullshit) we stayed for over a decade and got people killed for nothing.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
So Obama decides to do this the right way and ask Congress for approval and Rep. Peter King (R) says, "President Obama is abdicating his responsibility as commander-in-chief and undermining the authority of future presidents. The president does not need Congress to authorize a strike on Syria." :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So Obama decides to do this the right way and ask Congress for approval and Rep. Peter King (R) says, "President Obama is abdicating his responsibility as commander-in-chief and undermining the authority of future presidents. The president does not need Congress to authorize a strike on Syria." :lol
Vote out of office, please.

Carl

RIP Brother
I have zero recollection about starting the Syria or Taxes thread; sorry for any inconvenience.

I often post when I am tipsy.

Anyway, looking forward to another season of lost promises, from the Cowboys and the President...Nice tie in, right?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have zero recollection about starting the Syria or Taxes thread; sorry for any inconvenience.

I often post when I am tipsy.

Anyway, looking forward to another season of lost promises, from the Cowboys and the President...Nice tie in, right?
Damn, Irish.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It's hilarious to me that many of the same people that supported Bush and the ridiculous war in Iraq are suddenly against this because Obama is in charge. I mean, I'm glad that people are against this, because there is absolutely no reason why America should be involved but it's sad that the only reason many of them are against it is because it's Obama/ a democrat making the call. If this was George Bush, a lot of the same people that are against it now would be all about it.

It works both ways, there are probably a lot of Dem's who are in favor of it just because it's their guy making the call, and that's why I hate with a passion American politics.
I have no problem with bombing the bastids...but only with Congress' approval first. Of course now Obama has drawn a line in the sand, and then another and then announced bombing plans only to just now step back and say maybe we should take it to Congress. He's such a bumbling incompetent buffoon.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
WMD'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN SYRIA!!!!!!

RUN FO YO LIVE'S!!!

They seriously expect us to buy this bullshit again?

The sociopaths that make billions on war must be on the white house hotline bitching that we need to drop more bombs so they can make more bombs to sell us.
I guess the pictures of all the dead wimmens and children were photoshopped???

SfielDallas

Brand New Member
It's hilarious to me that many of the same people that supported Bush and the ridiculous war in Iraq are suddenly against this because Obama is in charge. I mean, I'm glad that people are against this, because there is absolutely no reason why America should be involved but it's sad that the only reason many of them are against it is because it's Obama/ a democrat making the call. If this was George Bush, a lot of the same people that are against it now would be all about it.

It works both ways, there are probably a lot of Dem's who are in favor of it just because it's their guy making the call, and that's why I hate with a passion American politics.
Going alone or ally support is quite a big difference.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Let them kill each other we have no business getting involved.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have no problem with bombing the bastids...but only with Congress' approval first. Of course now Obama has drawn a line in the sand, and then another and then announced bombing plans only to just now step back and say maybe we should take it to Congress. He's such a bumbling incompetent buffoon.
The US cannot stand the cost of a conflict currently. It is a hard decision but the President and Congress need to think about the country first.

Top Bottom