Sturm's Morning After - Cowboys Defense Can't Stop Rodgers Late

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No doubt he's smart, but I do think he's arrogant as hell. Uplifting words and wisodm don't help a unit who just isn't good enough.

If he truly had a good feel for his team, he never would have put his defense in that situation at the end of the game.

If he was a rookie HC you could chalk it up as part of the learning curve, but he's outsmarted himself for too long.

I honestly thought he's make a good walk-around HC, but can now admit that I was wrong.

He's predictable and arrogant.

What's sucks the most is that Dallas has done some pretty damn good drafting the last 5 years.

We've got enough talent that a HC with some balls and gumption could claw his way deep into the playoffs.
I still don't know if I'd say it's pride or arrogance.

Also, you could get a HC in here with balls and gumption who would probably fall flat on his face, Rex Ryan for example.

You need a top coach to elevate talent to the next level. We don't have one and haven't since Parcells was here.

data

Forbes #1
I think Garrett's greatest coaching in-game decision was kicking the onside when we were up multiple scores in Washington in a meaningless season finale. That and going for it on 4th down in OT vs Philly last year.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's definitely not that simple. We have had tons of trouble playing line up, smash mouth football this year.

Green Bay has an atrocious run defense. We aren't gonna be able to do that against everyone.
We haven't stuck with the line em up and run at em offense long enough this year to say it's a failure.

They're too busy trying to make Dak look like Romo v2.0

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I still don't know if I'd say it's pride or arrogance.

Also, you could get a HC in here with balls and gumption who would probably fall flat on his face, Rex Ryan for example.

You need a top coach to elevate talent to the next level. We don't have one and haven't since Parcells was here.
So what I'd like is a smart coach with some balls to play to his team's strengths and protect their weaknesses.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So what I'd like is a smart coach with some balls to play to his team's strengths and protect their weaknesses.
I've seen that that is just a tired excuse. You shouldn't play to your strength at all.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We haven't stuck with the line em up and run at em offense long enough this year to say it's a failure.
We haven't had enough first down success running the ball the stick with a smash mouth style. Every time we run on first down, it's like a 2 yard loss.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We haven't had enough first down success running the ball the stick with a smash mouth style. Every time we run on first down, it's like a 2 yard loss.
And the OL is the one unit of the team that they should be brazen about...you stopped us here, we're coming right back at you!

Wear their asses down, rest your defense, and let Dak play to his strengths.

Instead they're abandoning the run early. They're lucky enough to get early leads here and there, but the weakest part of the team, DEFENSE, is totally winded in 2nd half.

I miss the ball control offense of 14 & 16. It was a clear path to success, but our HC & OC are too proud to win that way...much like Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Yeah. Not sure what you're not following.

It can be the wrong call at the time, but also have had no effect because of later events.
Don't put words in my mouth. I understand that reading and comprehension aren't strong skills for you, so I'll direct you back to a post where I said:
Direct quote, what words am I putting in your mouth?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think Garrett's greatest coaching in-game decision was kicking the onside when we were up multiple scores in Washington in a meaningless season finale. That and going for it on 4th down in OT vs Philly last year.
The fake punt against Philly last year was maybe his best in game decision ever.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Direct quote, what words am I putting in your mouth?
I didn't say it was the wrong call. I said "it can be." Hypothetically.

I'm also not really taking the position that it was the right call. If you want to think it was the wrong call, I'm not really challenging you on that. I think it's fair enough to say it wasn't a good call.

Just personally... I don't think it was that big a deal.

Top Bottom