Stafford trade scenario

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The Dallas Cowboys to Offer Amari Cooper or Michael Gallup in ‘Top Potential Trade’ for Lions' Matthew Stafford?
Heavy | Jan 24

Matthew Stafford is departing the Motor City, and the Dallas Cowboys — because of course — are being rumored as a landing spot for the veteran Detroit Lions quarterback.
In his list of “top potential trade destinations,” Yahoo Sports’ Jeff Risdon speculated that Dallas could make a run at Stafford by offering a trade package that includes their first-round pick (No. 10 overall) and starting wide receiver Amari Cooper or Michael Gallup, among other considerations.
“The Dallas Cowboys now have another alternative if they choose to move on from pending free agent Dak Prescott, who is coming off a serious injury,” Risdon wrote. “Stafford is a Texas native and has the type of physical arm talent that has made Cowboys owner Jerry Jones weak in the knees before. Stafford’s salary with bonuses comes cheaper than what it would take for the Cowboys to use the franchise tag on Prescott once again, and Stafford is fully healthy relative to the younger Prescott. The Cowboys have some wide receiver depth (Michael Gallup, Amari Cooper) that could sweeten the pot along with their No. 10 overall draft pick in any deal with Detroit.”

——————————————————-——-
Please tell me this is a joke. I wouldn’t give the tenth pick, Cooper, or Gallop for Stafford.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Prosportsdaily with its 2600 twitter followers since 2009? Seems legit.

Last edited:

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
That article has to be total bullshit. The 10th pick AND a starting WR for Stafford? Fuck you. Pass.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Stafford is always talked about with Dallas. Mostly because hes from the area and lazy journalism.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Stafford is always talked about with Dallas. Mostly because hes from the area and lazy journalism.
Every star player that is available every year is linked to the Cowboys. It's like clockwork.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jerry: Welcome to Dallas. But you'll have to wear a different number.
Stafford: You're kidding, right?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even if it cost us no picks or players I'm not swapping Dak for Stafford.

• Props
Reactions: Rev

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we could theoretically trade Dak for a massive bundle of picks and get Stafford for like our 2nd this year and 2nd next year, I think I'd do it. You'd have way more flexibility with Stafford only counting about 23 million against the cap over the next two years and you'd have a huge haul of premium picks to work with.

But that's a far-fetched and ultimately logistically difficult scenario to pull off, and I would never get rid of Dak and replace him with Stafford in a 1:1 scenario without getting a huge haul of picks.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
What is Stafford really adding? Who here would really think Stafford can do more than what Dak has shown to do. Minus Garrett who whiffed on a great rookie season of both his QB and RB, Dak has grown as a QB.

data

Forbes #1
What is Stafford really adding? Who here would really think Stafford can do more than what Dak has shown to do. Minus Garrett who whiffed on a great rookie season of both his QB and RB, Dak has grown as a QB.
Of all the adjectives to describe a star, why shining?

data

Forbes #1
Nor for the Cowboys, but a general hypothetical

Which is the most appealing:
1. Trade for Deshaun Watson in exchange for three 1sts
2. Trade for Stafford in ex for two firsts
3. Trade for Aaron Rodgers in ex for 1st and 3rd

Top Bottom