Spring League Thread...

data

Forbes #1
Buffalo Chicken Nacho Fries.

Wow. Is Taco Bell exempt from FDA approvals?

data

Forbes #1
You see the Renegade OL kick the helmet away from the Wildcat?

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I don't think that they can develop any of these bums. I mean, Matt McGloin? It is going to take an NFL team to really screw up to let even a practice squad type fall to them. The salaries are just not worth it.
If I were on an NFL PS, I would much rather take my chances in the XFL than waste my career waiting for a myriad of injuries to occur before I got an opportunity to get playing experience.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I were on an NFL PS, I would much rather take my chances in the XFL than waste my career waiting for a myriad of injuries to occur before I got an opportunity to get playing experience.
That's the thing. It's not easy to develop a third string QB in the NFL. They get no reps. In the XFL they have a chance to get reps and if they shine get a legit chance in the NFL. It's not a bad option although the XFL may have to pay more to lure those guys away.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The Houston/St Louis game was pretty good

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So, just tuned in to the Renegades game.

The game is 3-3 with 10 minutes left in the third quarter.

They have turned the ball over three times, Landry Jones is a fat ass bum and Hal Mumme still has a bathroom towel around his neck.

This is quite simply a bad product right now. The scoring in this weekend's games has been nonexistent.
Winston Moss says hold my beer:

That was DURING the game. I have never, at any level of football, seen a head coach sit on the bench while coaching. Nothing says "don't take our product serious" like having one of your head coaches sitting on his ass daydreaming during live action.

As for your other points, I agree all around. This was a terrible weekend for the XFL. From what I've seen so far, the QB play has been the biggest problem. The only one who looks halfway decent, at least from the games that I've seen, is Cardale Jones.

I think the only way these problems get ironed out is if they go all in on implementing off-season programs/training like CFB and the NFL does. CFB and NFL teams go through approx. 4 months of offseason training before they play games. I'm not sure what the XFL offseason looks like but I seem to remember most of the rosters weren't even announced until they were about a month out from opening week.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
As for your other points, I agree all around. This was a terrible weekend for the XFL. From what I've seen so far, the QB play has been the biggest problem.
The only one who looks halfway decent, at least from the games that I've seen, is Cardale Jones.
This tanks his credibility... WATCH MORE of the games. The Roughneck's Williams is giving the Texans' Wilson a run for the best QB in Houston, Landry Jones started to come on in the second half, LA's QB played well too, as did St. Louis' (his second int shouldn't have stood, but for a missed "off-side" penalty by the refs.).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This tanks his credibility... WATCH MORE of the games. The Roughneck's Williams is giving the Texans' Wilson a run for the best QB in Houston, Landry Jones started to come on in the second half, LA's QB played well too, as did St. Louis' (his second int shouldn't have stood, but for a missed "off-side" penalty by the refs.).
Landry Jones is horrid. I don't care if he threw for 300. As for Walker, I watched him in one of Indy's exhibitions and he clearly didn't belong.

You can try to pretend the QB thing isn't an issue, but it is. Perhaps after a year, they can attract college kids that know they have no shot even in camp and it gets better. But the money will continue to be an impediment.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I watched a good amount of the Tampa/Seattle game and the DC/NY game and aside from Cardale Jones, all the QB were pretty sub par.

That's 2 out of the 4 games. I think watching 50% of the games is a pretty good sample size.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watched a good amount of the Tampa/Seattle game and the DC/NY game and aside from Cardale Jones, all the QB were pretty sub par.

That's 2 out of the 4 games. I think watching 50% of the games is a pretty good sample size.
You're not going to get NFL level QB play but lets face it we all watch college football which some less than stellar QB play.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Houston's qb is the best out of the bunch so far. He's thrown 7tds/1 int in 2 games and has had some pretty plays

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Their best bet may be kids coming out of high school that would rather make money than play for a college or college kids stuck on the bench or coming off of injury.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Their best bet may be kids coming out of high school that would rather make money than play for a college or college kids stuck on the bench or coming off of injury.
This is where it could get fun. I mean you're an 18 year old with talent but maybe not the scores and academics to go to a big college. You can either go the JUCO route or you can get $60,000 + a year, be on TV and still have a great shot at the NFL if you're good. There are a lot of kids who play football in college who don't care about the degree and are just their to play football. The XFL could be a great alternative for them.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Houston's qb is the best out of the bunch so far. He's thrown 7tds/1 int in 2 games and has had some pretty plays
I haven't watched a Houston game yet. I'll make it a point to watch some of that one next weekend.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't watched a Houston game yet. I'll make it a point to watch some of that one next weekend.
Yeah he has been the best player I've seen in the XFL. I'm sure he will get another shot in the NFL to at least compete for a backup spot.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah he has been the best player I've seen in the XFL. I'm sure he will get another shot in the NFL to at least compete for a backup spot.
Yep, I only caught the 2nd half but from what I saw he had another good game today

Top Bottom