bbgun

please don't "dur" me
yeah, I'm not gonna watch the USFL on the chance there's a good kickoff return

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, fuck them spare league bitches.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Or guys like Kurt Warner might have never got their shot in the NFL. If you don't like 'em, that's fine. Don't watch. But they serve their purpose.
I didn’t and won’t waste a single minute watching . Aubrey is an exception to the rule.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It's an inferior brand of football, and by February, I'm sick of football anyway. There aren't enough good QBs to go around in the NFL, let alone the "minors." If they lure away a Caleb Williams like the old USFL did, I'll change my mind.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't watch at all, but yeah they definitely should exist.
Same here. I watched a little bit of NFL Europe, but don't think I've ever watched a second of arena league, XFL, the new USFL, or any other league. But I'm always interested in hearing if a player from their leagues are getting a shot in the NFL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Same here. I watched a little bit of NFL Europe, but don't think I've ever watched a second of arena league, XFL, the new USFL, or any other league. But I'm always interested in hearing if a player from their leagues are getting a shot in the NFL.
A legitimate farm affiliation between the NFL and this league would work. But I think the NFL is so immensely lazy and greedy it would never happen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree an NFL minor league would work. They had the right idea with NFL Europe, but majorly fucked up with the 'Europe' part.
They got too aggressive too fast.

There ain't no damn way say the Scots were ready to handle this sport, for example. Same thing for placing a team in Amsterdam and ove stuffing too many teams in Germany.

Then fund and feed this new league. Mandate two franchises in Europe (London/Frankfurt) and go from there.

Then you have teams assign developmental players.

That was one thing about NFL Europe, watching our damn assigned schlubs like Drew Henson and hoping they developed.

Top Bottom