Soccer Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Even when the Swiss were down they felt in control...much like the Italy/England game felt like a blowout, but it was 2-1.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=42]Carl[/MENTION] - it wasn't Messi's finest game, but he still had his moment of brilliance, didn't he?

I think today proved that he plans on making his mark for the NT in this World Cup.

Carl

RIP Brother
[MENTION=42]Carl[/MENTION] - it wasn't Messi's finest game, but he still had his moment of brilliance, didn't he?

I think today proved that he plans on making his mark for the NT in this World Cup.
I thought he looked sharpish and that goal should allow him to flourish moving forward in the tournament.

D

Deuce

Germany/Portugal about to get started and should be fun. I'd love to see the Germans just beat up Ronaldo...at least enough to hinder him against the US.

D

Deuce

Portugal is imploding. Down 2-0, lost one starter to injury and another starter with a red card. This is perfect for the US.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Portugal is imploding. Down 2-0, lost one starter to injury and another starter with a red card. This is perfect for the US.
Which player got injured?

D

Deuce

Which player got injured?
Fábio Coentrão and Hugo Almeida both subbed out due to injuries. Coentrão looked like he pulled a hammy which pretty much rules him out for sure.

Plus Pepe getting a red card rules him out for the US game. This is about as best case scenario as we couldn've hoped. Now the US just needs to win today and be healthy and they have a good shot.

Cotton

Staff member
Fábio Coentrão and Hugo Almeida both subbed out due to injuries. Coentrão looked like he pulled a hammy which pretty much rules him out for sure.

Plus Pepe getting a red card rules him out for the US game. This is about as best case scenario as we couldn've hoped. Now the US just needs to win today and be healthy and they have a good shot.
Sweet.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man, we couldn't have asked for a better result.

Not only are Portugal going to be missing 3 starters, but getting destroyed like that had to hurt their morale.

We have to win today. Do that, and we have an outstanding chance of getting on to the next round.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Steaks in the grill and beer in the cooler.

It's USA time bitches!!!!!!

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
Let's do this.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Vamos vamos vamos USA vamos a ganar!
Vamos vamos vamos USA vamos a ganar!
Yoooooo te sigo a todas partes a donde vas!
Caaaaaaada vez te quiero maaaasssss!!!

Cotton

Staff member
Get that mexicana crap out of here.

Cotton

Staff member
It's actually Argentinean, dickface.

And I can do whatever I want in this thread.

:viking
Argentinean, Mexicana, Puerto Reekish, whatevs... USA! USA! USA!

Cotton

Staff member
:towel:towel:towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Phdphsgosislxputdohxjxxgrgccdf1677;?(!!!!!!

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
30 seconds into the match. :towel

Sloppy defense by Ghana, BTW.

Top Bottom