Soccer Thread

Carl

RIP Brother
I know he is the Captain, but Gerrard doesn't fit with the style of play England are trying to play. Rooney has to be more central, no more Welbeck. Barkley has to start and I would have Wilshire on as well. So, I suppose what I am saying is I would drop Gerrard. Risky, but...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I know he is the Captain, but Gerrard doesn't fit with the style of play England are trying to play. Rooney has to be more central, no more Welbeck. Barkley has to start and I would have Wilshire on as well. So, I suppose what I am saying is I would drop Gerrard. Risky, but...
I agree about Welbeck and Rooney needing to be more central.

Gerrard is a risky proposition, but I can't necessarily say you're wrong.

Sterling has been fantastic. Great young player.

And Barkley definitely needs to start.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
England must be fatigurd.

That's 4 wildly errant passes in less than 5 minutes.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh Rooney.....what an awful last 20 minutes you've had.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pirlo is such a genius.

Not sure we'll ever see another one quite like him.

D

Deuce

@the_ironsheik: Wayne Rooney your father Mickey teach you nothing jabroni #WorldCup2014

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I quite like Derek Rae too. My favorite ever is Barry Davies. Brilliant commentator.
Derek Rae was ESPN's #1 guy before they lost the rights to both the Champion's League and La Liga.

Now, he only gets a WC game here and there which is a shame because he is excellent.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That was a real pretty goal by Ecuador. I can watch soccer every 4 years...enjoying this.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Ecuador relies more on athleticsm...the Swiss are disciplined. No soccer expert at all, but Ecuador really only goes for home run plays and for opportunities when things break down.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ecuador relies more on athleticsm...the Swiss are disciplined. No soccer expert at all, but Ecuador really only goes for home run plays and for opportunities when things break down.
That's been Ecuador's game in what seems like forever now.

As an aside.m, Argentina are about to play and with that comes a style of play that is appealing to the eye.

USA plays tomorrow.....so pumped for that game!

Top Bottom