Seahawks Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
and yet no one would be surprised if we lost this game
If we lose to a Brian Schottenheimer coached offense, then Marinelli needs to retire immediately and Richard should just pack it in.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Cue the amplified fake crowd noise during practice to help us prepare for the "12th man".

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If they have issues handling Seattle, Detroit and Houston, we deserve a losing record.
They have issues. Big time, on offense. A win over a Giants team that will likely be one of the worst in football is not a cure all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They have issues. Big time, on offense. A win over a Giants team that will likely be one of the worst in football is not a cure all.
We handled them better than the Jags did. But yes this team has a ways to go before they build any confidence among fans and evaluators. I don't think the Giants will be any good but I don't think they will be picking number 2 again either. Still I think they are the bottom of the NFC East.

p1_

DCC 4Life
It’s no cure all, but this defense is on the rise big time, and the offense is slowly finding its way, Zeke is still our horse and star. I like our chances.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The best thing that could happen to the offense is to have a consistent short and intermediate passing game. That is what keeps drives going. In the Giants game it was virtually missing. That’s why Dallas went through the 2nd and 3rd quarters without scoring. It’s also this stall that kept NY in the game. If Dak can get past his yips in this part of his delivery Dallas will score more often. It will also allow the running game to be more effective. Dak isn’t consistent because he is still way to up tight. He is aiming the shorter throws rather than just throwing them naturally. If this happened Dallas will beat Seattle. If not then close the door on the season.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Cowboys' Kris Richard gets his payback game, Brian Schottenheimer is target

By: K.D. Drummond | 41 minutes ago

Kris Richard was unceremoniously dumped, along with the entire assistant coaching staff in Seattle. Sunday he gets his revenge game as the defensive passing game coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys. Even better? He gets to pseudo coordinate against Brian Schottenheimer, who’s been one of the worst OCs of this generation but somehow resurfaced in Seattle despite only coordinating one Top 15 offense in 12 years as an offensive coordinator.

Let’s hear it for NFL nepotism, shall we?

Here’s a look at the pertinent Cowboys’ stats.

2nd in sacks, tied for 5th in forced fumbles
4th in yards allowed per game
3rd in scoring defense at 14.5 ppg allowed
3rd in sacks per pass attempt 12.9%

The one thing that hasn’t happened is interceptions, which has been a historical problem for Dallas. But they are 2nd in the league in passing yards per play and one of only 3 teams to give up under 200 passing yards a game.

Meanwhile Schottenheimer is attempting to turn Russell Wilson into a pocket passer and the results have been disastrous. They are giving up a sack on 17.4% of pass attempts, worst in the league

p1_

DCC 4Life
Them Hot Boiz should have another great outing.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The best thing that could happen to the offense is to have a consistent short and intermediate passing game. That is what keeps drives going. In the Giants game it was virtually missing. That’s why Dallas went through the 2nd and 3rd quarters without scoring. It’s also this stall that kept NY in the game. If Dak can get past his yips in this part of his delivery Dallas will score more often. It will also allow the running game to be more effective. Dak isn’t consistent because he is still way to up tight. He is aiming the shorter throws rather than just throwing them naturally. If this happened Dallas will beat Seattle. If not then close the door on the season.
I disagree with this point. The best thing that would be if we are able to pick up chunk yardage and scoring in 10 plays or less.

This short passing game that they're trying to lean on leads to them having to execute drives of 12 plays or more just to score points. Having to rely on short, conservative plays to drive the length of the field usually leads to increased odds of someone committing a penalty or making a mistake to derail the drive.

That's why IMO it's best for this offense (Dak & Linehan) to continue to open things up and at least try to play aggressively.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Again, the Seahawks have never lost a home opener under Carroll, although the last two years the games have been extremely close.

Couple that history with the fact that they will clearly be desperate and this will not be an easy game. Also remember that KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner have been out, you could argue that they are their two best defensive players right now and if one or both are back it will make a big difference.

If Wagner and Wright are both out, and if we play a clean game, we should definitely win though.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Was just reading that Carroll said he's pretty hopeful about Wagner and Wright coming back. No chance for Baldwin.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I disagree with this point. The best thing that would be if we are able to pick up chunk yardage and scoring in 10 plays or less.

This short passing game that they're trying to lean on leads to them having to execute drives of 12 plays or more just to score points. Having to rely on short, conservative plays to drive the length of the field usually leads to increased odds of someone committing a penalty or making a mistake to derail the drive.

That's why IMO it's best for this offense (Dak & Linehan) to continue to open things up and at least try to play aggressively.
The vertical passing game does score quicker but it takes a lot of practice and reps to make it consistent enough to be effective. There were a couple of instances when the verticle game worked but the short and intermediate passing game was absent.

This should be a proficient trait for any team to play a possession game. A verticle game is great if you actually score on it but to have one here and there without getting into the end zone is just a video clip moment. I think the best way to have a possession game is to have a proficient short and intermediate game. The percentages are better and maintaining possession is more likely when mixed with the run. That’s just my take.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

Smitty

DCC 4Life

You need to be able to do both. You need to be able to have grind-it-out drives where you suck up 8 minutes in 14 plays. It proves you are disciplined, can take what the defense gives you, and can string together multiple plays in a row without lost yardage or penalties.

But since the NFL has such an even distribution of talent and uneven distribution of penalty enforcement, going that long without a defender making a play to disrupt your drive or a referee jobbing you with a questionable call is very hard to accomplish. Long, drawn out drives can't be the basis for scoring 28 points a game, cause you can get one of those drives maybe twice a game in today's NFL even if you're good at it.

You have to be able to pick up 20-30 yards in chunk plays in the air, and we have, essentially, zero ability to do that right now.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The vertical passing game does score quicker but it takes a lot of practice and reps to make it consistent enough to be effective. There were a couple of instances when the verticle game worked but the short and intermediate passing game was absent.

This should be a proficient trait for any team to play a possession game. A verticle game is great if you actually score on it but to have one here and there without getting into the end zone is just a video clip moment. I think the best way to have a possession game is to have a proficient short and intermediate game. The percentages are better and maintaining possession is more likely when mixed with the run. That’s just my take.
We don't even have an intermediate game right now though (10-20 yards). Almost everything other than the 64 yard TD pass has been under 10 yards in the air.

I hope we actually CAN be effective with the deep stuff and we've just been holding it back. But more concerning is that there's just nothing from 10-20 yards. That's where Dez was once elite, and that's basically gone from our offense at this point.

Top Bottom