Russia Invades Ukraine

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They're as innocent as the citizens of Hiroshima or Dresden.

There's an enormous difference between doing what's necessary, albeit unfortunate, to win a war versus wishing death on civilians of a country that we're not at war with.

And hell, Germany and Japan started that war. I certainly lament the killing of civilians regardless, but during WWII those deaths are on Germany and Japan. It's still sad though.

It's also sad when soldiers are killed by the way (unless the soldier in question was committing atrocities).

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
There's an enormous difference between doing what's necessary, albeit unfortunate, to win a war versus wishing death on civilians of a country that we're not at war with.
I'm not wishing death on them. I'm saying they're fair game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's one thing if Ukraine had killed a bunch of Russian civilians while targeting a general or something, it's another when it's random terrorists just looking to sow terror, and who are even worse than the Russian government themselves to begin with.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
People talk about human life so flippantly. Taking a life is not an easy thing to do. Or something easy to live with.

And if you claim that it is, you are either a fucking liar or a huge, psychotic piece of shit. Or both.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
All due respect to Kasparov, but this is borderline incoherent. Is he saying Russia (Putin) did this?
Sure sounds like it. Or at least let it happen.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Did they hope to escape? They didn't know it was a suicide mission?

Top Bottom