Roger Goodell, In Defending 'Redskins' Name, Must Think That People Are Stupid

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Alaska contains 2 to 3% of the entire countries native population. Yeah excluding 100,000 Native Americans is no big deal. The survey is flawed.
Then go dig up an unflawed study and we can discuss.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Alaska contains 2 to 3% of the entire countries native population.
Considering that 1 out of 50 (which Alaska represents in terms of number of states) is 2%, I'm not concerned that ignoring that state had a disproportionate effect.

You missed out on the exact proportion that Alaska represents in terms of native population. BFD.

OMG! 2% of the States contains 2% of the population! ITS OUT OF PROPORTION OH NOES

Yeah excluding 100,000 Native Americans is no big deal. The survey is flawed.
You have no evidence whatsoever that adding a couple respondents from a small population in one state would change things dramatically, given the overwhelmingly one-sided response of the rest of the nation.

In fact, given the ridiculous one-sided nature of the respondents, adding another 2%, even if they ALL answered that they were bothered, would make the poll what, 88% to 12% instead?

GTFO. You are just bitching cause you don't like the truth.

2233boys

Not So New Member
:lol

Truth if you called a flawed poll truth ok.

One of the biggest flaws with the survey is that people had to self identify as a Native Americans but you conveniently overlooked that flaw and the reason it's flawed. I gave you other reasons but you didn't address them either.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

One of the biggest flaws with the survey is that people had to self identify as a Native Americans but you conveniently overlooked that flaw and the reason it's flawed. I gave you other reasons but you didn't address them either.
How the hell else does someone identify for a survey? Is there a native american card that you have to submit before you answer the survey?

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Still waiting for you to explain how adding 2% more respondents would change the overwhelming nature of a 91-9 poll.

They didn't leave out Alaska because they were trying to screw over anyone... they don't just don't conduct polls there.

Once you withdraw that moronic assertion I will address the rest of your points.

2233boys

Not So New Member
768 respondents isnt a very big sample, there are 700,000+ people in the Cherokee tribe, 298,000+ in the Navajo tribe, 153,000 Sioux

Cotton

Staff member
How the hell else does someone identify for a survey? Is there a native american card that you have to submit before you answer the survey?
Exactly.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Still waiting for you to explain how adding 2% more respondents would change the overwhelming nature of a 91-9 poll.

They didn't leave out Alaska because they were trying to screw over anyone... they don't just don't conduct polls there.

Once you withdraw that moronic assertion I will address the rest of your points.

It shows there was a flaw is the sampling.

It is sad you can't have a conversation without resorting to childish insults.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I was directing that at 2233 who can't answer my original post.
I just saw your question. I already stated where the issue with that was, check it out and get back to me.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Then every poll ever conducted has a flaw.

I'm done arguing this, you have no objective here other than to shit all over the poll because it doesn't support your position.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

It is sad you can't have a conversation without resorting to childish insults.
It's sad that you think 2% is statistically significant considering the lopsided results. And there are no alternatives to self-identification.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Then go dig up an unflawed study and we can discuss.
The burden is on those saying Native Americans are ok with the Name and basing that opinion on a flawed survey. I just pointed out this particular survey was flawed. (IMO)

2233boys

Not So New Member
It's sad that you think 2% is statistically significant considering the lopsided results. And there are no alternatives to self-identification.
Surveying tribal members, those who live on reservations, calling a blond hair blue eyed dude who's great, great, great, great grandfather was a Sioux isn't a good sampling.

Cotton

Staff member
I just saw your question. I already stated where the issue with that was, check it out and get back to me.
Cool, then tell me how they prove they are Native American. Your point was the survey is flawed that way. I'm sure you have a better survey model.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Then every poll ever conducted has a flaw.

I'm done arguing this, you have no objective here other than to shit all over the poll because it doesn't support your position.
The only position I've posted in this thread is that the survey was flawed and not definitive proof.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Surveying tribal members, those who live on reservations, calling a blond hair blue eyed dude who's great, great, great, great grandfather was a Sioux isn't a good sampling.
So you would tell a black man with light skin that he's not competent to talk about racial prejudice? I wouldn't do that to his face.

Top Bottom