RIP Marion Barber

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Damn man, R.I.P.

I remember leading up to the draft, we were all listing our picks for the Cowboys. By the time I got to the 4th round we were out of players who I knew, so I posted just "RB" for my 4th round pick.

What a badass he was, too.

We knew he wouldn't last long. He couldn't, not the total disregard he had for himself on the field. I have no doubt he must have suffered from CTE.

December 16, 2006...Atlanta, RBIII made the Falcons' defense his bitch. I called it early in the game, with Falcons fans talking mad shit the whole time. I told them he was gonna fuck them up. You ain't gonna keep him from crossing the goal line.

A violent runner determined not to go down on first contact, the guy you want carrying the ball when you needed a TD. The RB who should have been getting the carries when Julius Jones had fizzled out, but whose total disregard for his own safety made it obvious the ride wouldn't last long.

Thank you for the heart you showed, RB...you sure made the games fun to watch.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, now.

This is just embarrasing.
I mean, obviously I know Furley. That's board lore, but what is the Ultimate Furley?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Yeah, he had some troubles.

And it is pretty likely CTE was a contributing factor as much as he used his head on the field.
RIP
If they do test for it, I'm pretty sure his brains were mush...
Another factor that makes one reconsider fandom for this sport/team.

Top Bottom