Ric Flair faces arrest in alimony dispute

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
You can't avoid child support with a prenup.
But you can alimony and can't you establish custody with the prenup? You have custody you don't pay child support.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree, but doesn't it make sense that if you get child support that you would have more funds available that you would otherwise have to spend on care for your child.
Of course it does but because you have more money available to spend doesn't mean one needs to spend it. If they have the child's best interest at heart they will utilize the surplus toward a college fund or some other option that will benefit the childs future.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
But you can alimony and can't you establish custody with the prenup? You have custody you don't pay child support.
That's not always true. You can have custody and still pay child support to the parent with visitation rights.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I am not sure, but I don't believe custody will be enforceable in a pre-marital agreement. The interests of the children will trump basic contract law.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I am not sure, but I don't believe custody will be enforceable in a pre-marital agreement. The interests of the children will trump basic contract law.
As well it should, but all things being equal I don't see why it would not.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Honestly though...I'd say I spend 25% of my paychecks on my kids pretty easily, so that number does not seem like it is out of whack.
That number seems out of whack to me. That's a shitload of money.

As an aside, using percentages like that makes me wonder. If the court expects you to pay 20% of your pay for one child, how is that number adjusted for more children? I mean, if you were paying for five kids, it wouldn't go to 100%, as in, 20% per child. Now, I know that housing costs would be a main cost to adjust, as they'd be living together. But I always wondered how the courts came up with some number for support.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Food, clothing, housing, childcare costs, recreation, medical...it adds up. Considering it is kids plural...which was what Schmitty said regarding his friend, so it is at least two kids, I'd say that is not a crazy number at all.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It really is a joke that there are no restrictions put on the child support payments.

Any of you who have an AMEX card know that you are asked for your ID when you use it. While I'm hardly asked for my ID when I use a Visa or my debit card, I am almost always asked for my ID when presenting the AMEX card. I cannot see why the same cannot be done for these cards that are handed out to child support recipients these days.

You shouldn't be able to use that card at the Coach store, or at Perry's steak house, or to buy clothing or shoes that are obviously for an adult, or to pay for rims on a car.

And I also don't think that someone who has been unemployed for over 6 months should be allowed to just wake up every few days and know that they can count on getting that money.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Food, clothing, housing, childcare costs, recreation, medical...it adds up. Considering it is kids plural...which was what Schmitty said regarding his friend, so it is at least two kids, I'd say that is not a crazy number at all.
I still think that is a lot of money. I'm not spending 25% of my income a month on my kids.

townsend

Banned
I still think that is a lot of money. I'm not spending 25% of my income a month on my kids.
Probably depends on some other variables. You live in ND where cost of living is presumably low, and have a job in the oil field that probably pays pretty well. If you worked as a barista (baristo?) in Chicago, you'd be spending a lot higher percentage.

Top Bottom