Report: Pats TE questioned in probe

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
@AdamSchefter: Boston PD has located red SUV with RI plates it was looking for as identified in July 2012 homicide. Aaron Hernandez rented it.
Unbelievable.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I just can't imagine any man doing anything that if caught, takes him away from da pussy forever.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
But what makes me laugh as how this guy really thought that physically damaging his cell phone was going to eliminate any chance of the cops finding out who he called and who he texted.
That was pretty funny. The dumb ass didn't realize that all the authorities have to do is go to the phone company to retrieve your call and text records.

He'll be on an upcoming episode of 'World's Dumbest Criminals'.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hernandez likely won’t get his guaranteed base salaries

Posted by Mike Florio on June 27, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
AP
With more than $5 million still arguably owed to Aaron Hernandez under the contract he signed last August, the Patriots likely will fight to avoid paying him another dime. The two-front battle relates to the final $3.25 million installment of his $12.5 million signing bonus and guaranteed base salaries for 2013 and 2014. The guaranteed base salaries total $2.5 million.

As to the signing bonus, the team’s decision to cut Hernandez makes it much more difficult to block the final payment or to recover any of the $8.75 million already issued to Hernandez. As to the guaranteed salaries, multiple sources have indicated that Hernandez likely will not be entitled to any further payment.

Despite the absence of forfeiture language for the guaranteed salaries, the guarantee applies only to terminations made due to injury, skill (i.e., perceived lack of it), and the salary cap. Because the Patriots cut Hernandez pursuant to paragraph 11 of the standard player contract, which permits termination of employment when the player “has engaged in personal conduct reasonably judged by Club to adversely affect or reflect on Club,” the guarantee evaporates.

As we understand it, that’s not merely the team’s position. The NFLPA, we’re told, agrees with the interpretation.

While this doesn’t prevent Hernandez from filing a grievance aimed at getting the money, it’s a steep uphill climb and, frankly, the least of his concerns.

The more intriguing fight will arise in connection with the unpaid $3.25 million installment of the signing bonus. That money already has been earned by Hernandez. But cutting him, the Patriots apparently surrendered any ability to recover the money that has been paid or to keep the portion that hasn’t been paid.

Still, it currently appears that the Patriots will at a minimum force Hernandez to sue for the rest — and at most try to recover as much of the previously-paid signing bonus as they can.

The problem for Hernandez is that, even though the terms of the labor deal seem to be on his side, the facts can nudge the controversy toward a bad outcome. The problem for other players is that, if Hernandez loses, a bad precedent will be created for them.

Either way, it appears that the Patriots have enhanced their ability to avoid the guaranteed salaries by cutting Hernandez, even if cutting him makes it harder to avoid paying the final $3.25 million.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Aaron Hernandez still has fans in New England

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 27, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT

I’ve learned a lot about Aaron Hernandez in the last couple of weeks, and nothing I’ve learned has made me want to cheer for him. But some fans in New England still believe in the former Patriots tight end.

And so, as Hernandez was transported from jail to courtroom for a bail hearing today, and then as he was transported back to jail after a judge denied his bail request, Hernandez was greeted by cheering fans.

Some fans wore Hernandez jerseys. Some chanted, “Innocent! Innocent!” Some screamed his name as a police department van drove past, with the shackled Hernandez inside on his way to a court proceeding at which prosecutors would detail the evidence that he murdered Odin Lloyd.

When Hernandez goes on trial for first-degree murder, his attorneys can only hope they get one of those fans on the jury.
---------------

Damn.

People in general...your common everyday asshole...is a fricking retard.

No question. I effing hate them.

At least O.J. had ill-fitting gloves.

This retard has bubble gum left at the scene and shell casings in rentals.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think the common everyday asshole knows this tard is guilty and wants him thrown under the jail.

The few people cheering for him are the sociopaths who put their football team before everything else.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
There's one particular dumb whore in this one.

And judging by the guys at the end of this, not everyone is there in support of AH.

This one looks like a few dumb fucking kids at the end.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:tippytoe

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Patriots to conduct Aaron Hernandez jersey exchange on July 6-7
By Brian McIntyre | Shutdown Corner – 48 minutes ago

Shortly after parting ways with tight end Aaron Hernandez on Wednesday, the New England Patriots stopped offering his No. 81 jersey for sale on their website as well as their team store at Gillette Stadium.

On Friday, the Patriots announced that fans who have purchased a No. 81 jersey — from either Reebok or Nike — from the team's pro shop at Gillette Stadium or through the team's website will have a two-day window to exchange the jersey for a new, in-stock Patriots jersey of comparable value.

"We know that children love wearing their Patriots jerseys, but may not understand why parents don’t want them wearing their Hernandez jerseys anymore," said Patriots spokesperson Stacey James. "We hope this opportunity to exchange those jerseys at the Patriots ProShop for another player’s jersey will be well received by parents."

The free jersey exchange will be available exclusively at the Patriots ProShop from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 6 and from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 7.

Many have applauded the team's decision to release Hernandez, a move that potentially hinders their attempt to recoup the $12.5 million signing bonus Hernandez received from the team last August. Surely many more, including parents who have recently purchased a No. 81 jersey for their child, will applaud the team's decision to replace those jerseys. The praise is deserved as the Patriots continue to show through their actions that there are more important things than their own bottom line.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there has been some comparison between the Cowboys' handling of Josh Brent and the Pats handling of Aaron Hernandez, even though their (alleged...) crimes are completely different. This is just one more example of a class/winning organization as compared to a Jerry Jones organization.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I wouldn't call them 'class', this is just CYA time for them.
OK, scratch "class" and keep the "winning" and maybe add "smart". None of those would accurately describe Jerry Jones and his Cowboys organization.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
OK, scratch "class" and keep the "winning" and maybe add "smart". None of those would accurately describe Jerry Jones and his Cowboys organization.
Are you trying to say I can't trade in my Brent jersey for an Escobar one?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know there has been some comparison between the Cowboys' handling of Josh Brent and the Pats handling of Aaron Hernandez, even though their (alleged...) crimes are completely different. This is just one more example of a class/winning organization as compared to a Jerry Jones organization.
Jerry would offer 10% off a new jersey with a trade in.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wouldn't have released him because I'd want his signing bonus back, at least I'd want to be awarded the money in a decision so I could get back the cap space, even though he would never pay up.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
I like how this dude smashed up his phone.

That was an act of pure genius.

Top Bottom