Report: Pats TE questioned in probe

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He got charged with murder.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Wow.

Even if you knew this would be the result, it's still pretty damn shocking.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I heard the DA right, the victim actually texted someone before he was killed to let them know he was in danger and responded with "NFL" when asked who he was in danger with.

Goodbye, Hernandez.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
If I heard the DA right, the victim actually texted someone before he was killed to let them know he was in danger and responded with "NFL" when asked who he was in danger with.

Goodbye, Hernandez.
Like something out of a detective movie.

We talk about these guys hitting the big time but continuing to hang out with thuggish friends. I guess sometimes they ARE the thuggish friend.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Goodbye, Hernandez.
He thought Roger Goodell was going to whack him?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So where are the other two guys who were with Hernandez?

Posted by Mike Florio on June 26, 2013, 3:53 PM EDT

It’s now clear that Aaron Hernandez faces murder charges. It’s not clear who was with him that night, and where they now are.

The presentation of evidence from prosecutor Bill McCauley at Wednesday’s arraignment was confusing on at least one point: The whereabouts of the two men who allegedly were in the car on the evening in question with Hernandez and Odin Lloyd.

At one point, it seemed that the authorities had obtained cooperation from one or both men, given McCauley’s summary of the conversation that occurred in the car, when Hernandez said he couldn’t “trust” anyone. At another point, it seemed that the two other men are still at large.

Meanwhile, we still don’t know who they are, and their names were not disclosed in court.

So they’re either cooperating with police, which is very bad for Hernandez. Or they are on the loose, which could be very bad for everyone else.
--------------

Chances are pretty good they've already got them and they are cooperating.

They wouldn't nail Hernandez unless they were sure he was more than partially involved. He's way too high profile to nab if they don't have their ducks in a row.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ray Lewis is asking the same question.
I don't think this is the same, necessarily. While I believe Lewis covered up a murder, I also believe it probably started with him jumping to his buddies' assistance, then when someone killed someone, he helped cover it up because they were friends.

That's bad enough, you could make the argument that Lewis wasn't actually trying to kill anyone.

Conversely, I think Hernandez is accused of directly killing this guy or ordering his killing.

I can't imagine why... reports are that Hernandez didn't like that Lloyd was talking to people in a bar that Hernandez was enemies with? It's all nuts.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ray Lewis is asking the same question.
In his case, he didn't help kill a guy he was friends with and then leave the body down the street from his house.

It would've been very interesting to see what we would have found out about that situation if cell phone use was a prevalent as it is now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't think this is the same, necessarily. While I believe Lewis covered up a murder, I also believe it probably started with him jumping to his buddies' assistance, then when someone killed someone, he helped cover it up because they were friends.

That's bad enough, you could make the argument that Lewis wasn't actually trying to kill anyone.

Conversely, I think Hernandez is accused of directly killing this guy or ordering his killing.

I can't imagine why... reports are that Hernandez didn't like that Lloyd was talking to people in a bar that Hernandez was enemies with? It's all nuts.
Agreed.

I think Lewis was guilty of participating in a fight where things got out of hand and his crew killed someone.

I think Hernandez had full intentions of causing this person serious harm beforehand.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm watching the arraignment.

Judging by the description of the texts sent from his phone, he is screwed.
I missed the arraignment but I read the article on Yahoo! and I'll have to agree. Hernandez is F'd.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Agreed.

I think Lewis was guilty of participating in a fight where things got out of hand and his crew killed someone.

I think Hernandez had full intentions of causing this person serious harm beforehand.
According to the Yahoo! article, the Prosecuter is saying that Hernandez actually pulled the trigger.

Said that Hernandez shot the guy 3 times when he got out of the car then stood over him and put two more shots in his chest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It would've been very interesting to see what we would have found out about that situation if cell phone use was a prevalent as it is now.

That's what I was sort of getting at.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Goodbye, Hernandez.
I found the exact text:

In court, prosecutors described a killing borne out of a trip to a Boston nightclub on the night of June 14.

Hernandez and two friends picked up Lloyd at home at 2:30 a.m. on June 17, prosecutors said. Surveillance footage from Hernandez's home shows him leaving earlier with a gun. He also told someone in the house that he was upset and couldn't trust anyone anymore, prosecutors said.

After picking up Lloyd, Hernandez said he was upset with Lloyd because Lloyd had spoken with people Hernandez had trouble with during their outing to the nightclub, prosecutors said.

After that conversation, Lloyd texted his sister, "Did you see who I am with," prosecutors said. When his sister asked who, he answered at 3:22 a.m., "NFL," then, a minute later, "Just so you know," prosecutors said.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eventually, we will find out Hernandez was a drug kingpin or something. This is just too weird otherwise.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom