Religion thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As the "for lease" sign is being put up in the window.
That's exactly right, it's why I have no problem with a baker for example refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. Good luck with that, it's a horrible business decision and will probably help to destroy your bakery but good for you for sticking by your convictions. Some other baker will prosper instead.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's exactly right, it's why I have no problem with a baker for example refusing to make a wedding cake for a gay couple. Good luck with that, it's a horrible business decision and will probably help to destroy your bakery but good for you for sticking by your convictions. Some other baker will prosper instead.
In that particular case I feel like some gay-obsessed Christians would buy 3 cakes to make up for your lack of business. #gluttony

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In that particular case I feel like some gay-obsessed Christians would buy 3 cakes to make up for your lack of business. #gluttony
:lol

To be fair cake is pretty damn delicious. As a business owner myself I find it advantageous to take everyone's money. Could you imagine a criminal defense attorney who refused to take on clients because they committed a sin. I'm guessing plenty of Christians are in my profession.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

To be fair cake is pretty damn delicious. As a business owner myself I find it advantageous to take everyone's money. Could you imagine a criminal defense attorney who refused to take on clients because they committed a sin. I'm guessing plenty of Christians are in my profession.
A very good example of situational ethics.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Gay marriage isn't even a sin, just gay sex, and they would do that with or without marriage so the marriage is neither sinful, nor does it lead to any sins that wouldn't have otherwise happened.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I would never refuse a gay couple business. That just sounds stupid to me. Could you imagine Jesus refusing service to someone to take a "moral stand"? What a bunch of idiots. I guess these people never read the bible where Jesus was a friend to sinners.

On a side note I think a business should be able to sell to whoever they want. That's pretty much their choice. If I work for it, create it, fund it and take all the risks I should be able to do whatever the hell I want.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
On a side note I think a business should be able to sell to whoever they want. That's pretty much their choice. If I work for it, create it, fund it and take all the risks I should be able to do whatever the hell I want.
Totally agree with this too!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is exactly right, and all the while they serve whom they please, the self-serving justice crusaders can STFU about it.

Cotton

Staff member
There is way too much agreeing going on in this thread. Someone say something controversial, stat!

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Sick burn

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, because the religious folks in the middle east are so far separated from the law of that land... and stuff.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Now conservatives are saying Kim Davis is the modern day Rosa Parks. :lol

I can't think of a bigger insult to the memory of Rosa Parks.

Cotton

Staff member
Now conservatives are saying Kim Davis is the modern day Rosa Parks. :lol

I can't think of a bigger insult to the memory of Rosa Parks.
:picard

The woman went against court orders. She didn't get put in jail because she is some religious martyr being persecuted for her beliefs. She is in jail because she didn't follow court orders. It's that damn simple.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:picard

The woman went against court orders. She didn't get put in jail because she is some religious martyr being persecuted for her beliefs. She is in jail because she didn't follow court orders. It's that damn simple.
I think Kim Davis is an idiot but I also don't have a problem with someone disobeying a judges orders when it goes against their beliefs. I just don't agree with Kim Davis's beliefs.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I think Kim Davis is an idiot but I also don't have a problem with someone disobeying a judges orders when it goes against their beliefs. I just don't agree with Kim Davis's beliefs.
If she disagreed, she should have just resigned. She was elected to follow the law. She didn't do that. The contempt charge was legit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If she disagreed, she should have just resigned. She was elected to follow the law. She didn't do that. The contempt charge was legit.
I guess Rosa Parks should have just gotten off the bus instead of breaking the law...

She should have just been removed from her position for refusing to do her job. Throwing her in jail was a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

Cotton

Staff member
I guess Rosa Parks should have just gotten off the bus instead of breaking the law...

She should have just been removed from her position for refusing to do her job. Throwing her in jail was a bit ridiculous in my opinion.
Two completely different situations. To compare them is stupid.

Top Bottom