Redskins Stuff...

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I’d really like to see how our defense performs with most of our guys back.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Skins are stylistically very similar to what we just saw with the Saints. They're going to run and try to control the clock/limit our chances with the ball.

The defensive gameplan has to be similar to the Saints, stop the run and keep the QB in the pocket. Force them into clear passing situations and out of neutral 2nd and 5/3rd and 2 type situations and we'll be fine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Skins are stylistically very similar to what we just saw with the Saints. They're going to run and try to control the clock/limit our chances with the ball.

The defensive gameplan has to be similar to the Saints, stop the run and keep the QB in the pocket. Force them into clear passing situations and out of neutral 2nd and 5/3rd and 2 type situations and we'll be fine.
Yeah the Redskins QB has a lollipop arm. He isn't going to be slinging a bunch of tight window throws down the field. He isn't as good of a runner as Hill but he is also a better passer. Similar talent, similar records and we just need to go out there and take care of business. I'm excited for where the defense is headed but I'm also hoping that Cooper will get more plays this week and have a chance to have a real impact. We just don't have any explosive route runners outside of Cooper. Gallup makes insane sideline catches. Lamb has some great run after the catch. But the one guy who is explosive as a route runner in getting separation is Cooper.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah the Redskins QB has a lollipop arm. He isn't going to be slinging a bunch of tight window throws down the field. He isn't as good of a runner as Hill but he is also a better passer. Similar talent, similar records and we just need to go out there and take care of business. I'm excited for where the defense is headed but I'm also hoping that Cooper will get more plays this week and have a chance to have a real impact. We just don't have any explosive route runners outside of Cooper. Gallup makes insane sideline catches. Lamb has some great run after the catch. But the one guy who is explosive as a route runner in getting separation is Cooper.
The game could easily be very frustrating because the Skins can't do anything but play turtleball, playing keep away to keep the clock running. They'll stick with the run even if they're only getting 3 YPC, scheme up some rub routes and hope Heinicke can pop a few plays to McLaurin with a few timely scrambles.

Basically we need to jump on them early, force them to throw and they'll go away because Heinicke just isn't good.

Quinn also has to adjust and not play as much Man coverage against QB's who look to scramble, in Zone at least we'll have more eyes on the QB and be able to rally when he scrambles.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
From what I've seen I kind of like Heinecke. He's not some great QB, of course, but he's kind of scrappy and can make a few plays. He's better than some of the QB slop that's out there right now, at least.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The game could easily be very frustrating because the Skins can't do anything but play turtleball, playing keep away to keep the clock running. They'll stick with the run even if they're only getting 3 YPC, scheme up some rub routes and hope Heinicke can pop a few plays to McLaurin with a few timely scrambles.

Basically we need to jump on them early, force them to throw and they'll go away because Heinicke just isn't good.

Quinn also has to adjust and not play as much Man coverage against QB's who look to scramble, in Zone at least we'll have more eyes on the QB and be able to rally when he scrambles.
Yeah the Redskins have a smart coach. He knows his talent is limited. So he runs that game plan because it gives his team the best chance to win in most games.

We need to get the offense rolling and it should be an easy win. If not the Skins will make it an annoying nail biter.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
From what I've seen I kind of like Heinecke. He's not some great QB, of course, but he's kind of scrappy and can make a few plays. He's better than some of the QB slop that's out there right now, at least.
He knows what his strengths/weaknesses are and plays to them. I still think he's more or less just an elite-level backup but the Skins are doing a good job of playing to his strengths and not asking him to do too much.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
He knows what his strengths/weaknesses are and plays to them. I still think he's more or less just an elite-level backup but the Skins are doing a good job of playing to his strengths and not asking him to do too much.

it doesnt need to be flashy, it just has to get the job done

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think the Redskin D has tightened up quite a bit…very stout against the run and they are able to pressure up the middle with their big DTs.
I just read Collins has a fairly bad ankle injury so he’s out indefinitely- he’s been a huge part of their D moving up the ranks the last few weeks. Heineke is not a very good QB, but McLaurin and the TE bail him out quite often. They are good using sustained long, clock draining drives. I believe they put together a 8 or 10 minute drive or some crazy shit a couple weeks ago.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think the Redskin D has tightened up quite a bit…very stout against the run and they are able to pressure up the middle with their big DTs.
I just read Collins has a fairly bad ankle injury so he’s out indefinitely- he’s been a huge part of their D moving up the ranks the last few weeks. Heineke is not a very good QB, but McLaurin and the TE bail him out quite often. They are good using sustained long, clock draining drives. I believe they put together a 8 or 10 minute drive or some crazy shit a couple weeks ago.
Holy shit look at @UncleMilti with the primer!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Even if we lose we're gonna fuck them in Dallas and the division will be over.

But we're gonna fuck them next week and it'll be over early.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
MM should hang a bag of marbles in each of the players' lockers on Thursday and run through the walkthrough like:

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The Redskins are going to beat the ever living shit out of Dallas. I watched them today, they’re scrappy as hell on both sides of the ball.

Dak and the offense aren’t going to be able to shit it up for 3 qtrs and then try and make a run at it, that D plays all 4 qtrs and this is they’re Super Bowl coming up.

• Angry
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Redskins are going to beat the ever living shit out of Dallas. I watched them today, they’re scrappy as hell on both sides of the ball.

Dak and the offense aren’t going to be able to shit it up for 3 qtrs and then try and make a run at it, that D plays all 4 qtrs and this is they’re Super Bowl coming up.
Don't see them killing us but they're going to be a tough out for sure and I expect another ugly game. Their defense is a little disappointing this year but they're still tough up front and Dallas will have a hard time running the ball again. Really hoping Dak's calf has been a factor and improves with 10 days rest, otherwise he might look bad again too.

Top Bottom