Random Tech thread.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think they are $399. They are not that much better than the competition. You can get a Google Nexus 7 or Kindle HDX 7 for $229. I caught the HDX on sale for $179.
I'm with you.....I'd rather buy the other ones and save me some money but she loves apple and that's what she wants.

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
I have a moto x coupon code for a $150, if someone is in need. You will have to use it by the end of tomorrow.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have a moto x coupon code for a $150, if someone is in need. You will have to use it by the end of tomorrow.
I'm in need. Could you just send $150.00 in cash?

tnt

Whoa An Active DCCer
For a small $200 completement fee, your $150 and coupon will be on its way. That's like $300 for a small sum of $200. :)

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Got a fatter than usual bonus check this year.

That means a bigger and badder TV.

I know I am getting another Samsung.

Any suggestions?

Carp

DCC 4Life
mcnuttz suggests a sweet 32 inch combo tube TV/VCR.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Got a fatter than usual bonus check this year.

That means a bigger and badder TV.

I know I am getting another Samsung.

Any suggestions?
I really want the 75 inch 240 Samsung, but last I saw it was 4,500.

Once it gets into the 3's, that bad boy will be mine.

Also, Sony's latest round of tv's are getting great reviews. I'd look into the W series of those as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Samsung's are okay. I owned a 61 before I bought my current tv which is a 70 Sharp. The Sharp is as good if you get the right one.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Samsung's are okay. I owned a 61 before I bought my current tv which is a 70 Sharp. The Sharp is as good if you get the right one.
I'm gonna have to disagree with you, sir.

My dad has a 65 inch 240hz Sharp, and while it is a nice set, my Samsung farts in its general direction.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm gonna have to disagree with you, sir.

My dad has a 65 inch 240hz Sharp, and while it is a nice set, my Samsung farts in its general direction.
You are free to disagree but I have owned both and I stand by what I say. Again you have to get the upper end set.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
The iPad mini with retina display is basically the greatest thing ever. It costs more than an android tablet, but android sucks. So, there's that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The iPad mini with retina display is basically the greatest thing ever. It costs more than an android tablet, but android sucks. So, there's that.
I bought one for my wife for Xmas.

It is pretty snazzy looking.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Just upgraded to an S4, but the site does not look right...any idea how to change the view so it looks like it normally does on teh webs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm thinking of a low-end surround sound system/Home Theater in a Box (HTiaB) or something for my 46 inch Samsung LED TV.

Any suggestions? I am not an audiophile, I am not looking to spend thousands of dollars, I just want something that is going to improve the absolute shitty sound of my TV speakers to the point where I, the complete audio newb, am impressed.

I recently purchased the Logitech Z523 2.1 computer speakers for my PC, see here and here. They come with a subwoofer and I am actually very impressed by them. FWIW, I can hook them up to my TV as well, and I really like the sound quality. However, since my TV and PC aren't in the same room, I have to manually unhook them, move them, and re-hook them up to my TV if I want to switch, so uh, that's out.

Because I like the Logitech Z523 so much, I've been led towards looking at the Logitech Z906 5.1, see here. The Z906's are also, I believe, technically are not considered a true Surround Sound system, as it does not have a true receiver, has no HDMI out (not sure why I need HDMI out for sound?) but its advanced enough that many people say it's a very good starter HTiaB.

Conversely, I could do a very low end TRUE HTiaB like the Onkyo 3500 (here) which is actually less expensive, but may not sound as nice, and is more in line with a real home theater (as opposed to the Logitech which is more like very, very nice computer speakers).

Any thoughts? I think I'm leaning towards the Logitech Z906 at this point because I'm so happy with the Z523 that I already own for my PC.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Have you considered going with a sound bar?

I prefer those over the surround sound in a box, wired setups.

Top Bottom