Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
so it appears the impeachment trials started, is this a legit trial or a show trial?
Well of course it's not legitimate.

There's zero chance of a conviction, so not really a show trial. (Wait a couple years for them to pack the courts for that.)

It's really not a trial at all, just more political theater to tarnish a political enemy as much as possible.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Well of course it's not legitimate.

There's zero chance of a conviction, so not really a show trial. (Wait a couple years for them to pack the courts for that.)

It's really not a trial at all, just more political theater to tarnish a political enemy as much as possible.
so no sworn witnesses, affidavits, etc?

Just various senators giving speeches and then they vote?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Pretty much. I don't think a single person has been subpoenaed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

They impeached him in like 24 hours. No witnesses, no anything. It's a complete joke.

I'm not usually like this, but if the Rs can win the House back in a couple of years, maybe they should impeach Biden every other month.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
They impeached him in like 24 hours. No witnesses, no anything. It's a complete joke.

I'm not usually like this, but if the Rs can win the House back in a couple of years, maybe they should impeach Biden every other month.
I thought todays "trial" was in the senate and the house already impeached weeks ago, did he get impeached already by the senate too?

Cotton

Staff member
I thought todays "trial" was in the senate and the house already impeached weeks ago, did he get impeached already by the senate too?
The Senate only voted to proceed with the "trial" today. This charade will now continue.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
No, I meant the House.

The Dems in the Senate aren't going to call any witnesses because they know that would open a can of worms they don't want to get in to.

But again, they knew all along this had no chance of working. Except "working" the way they really want, which is a few days of TV and social media sound bites and videos of them talking about how terrible Trump is.

Cotton

Staff member

This is partly why Sasse is potentially going to be censured. This is an obvious charade and he voted to continue it.

Cotton

Staff member
No, I meant the House.

The Dems in the Senate aren't going to call any witnesses because they know that would open a can of worms they don't want to get in to.

But again, they knew all along this had no chance of working. Except "working" the way they really want, which is a few days of TV and social media sound bites and videos of them talking about how terrible Trump is.
They are already talking about invoking article 3 in the 14th amendment which would call a vote to never allow Trump to run for office again. They are scared shitless of that man and what he started.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

This is partly why Sasse is potentially going to be censured. This is an obvious charade and he voted to continue it.
Almost all those people will be primaried ASAP. And they don't even realize it.

Cotton

Staff member
Almost all those people will be primaried ASAP. And they don't even realize it.
You would think they would, though. Do they not pay attention to the polling? The House and Senate will flip in 2022. Well, that is if we have a fair election.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You would think they would, though. Do they not pay attention to the polling? The House and Senate will flip in 2022. Well, that is if we have a fair election.
I think they're too far into the DC bubble.

I was in the car Sunday morning and the station the radio was on was playing the audio of Chris Wallace's show, where she was being interviewed. It's clear that she doesn't have the slightest clue. She's there as Dick Cheney's Neocon Swamp Creature daughter. She doesn't care one bit what her constituents think or want.

She might in 2022, though.

Cotton

Staff member
I think they're too far into the DC bubble.

I was in the car Sunday morning and the station the radio was on was playing the audio of Chris Wallace's show, where she was being interviewed. It's clear that she doesn't have the slightest clue. She's there as Dick Cheney's Neocon Swamp Creature daughter. She doesn't care one bit what her constituents think or want.

She might in 2022, though.
Liz Cheney is out. Her last approval polling was about 17%.

Cotton

Staff member

This is fucking ridiculous. It would be one thing if Twitter enforced their anti-doxing policy across the board, but they have allowed it many times before and did nothing. Project Veritas just got suspended for doxing for showing a video from someone telling on FB, and not even truly doxing because the whistleblower gave permission to release their info. Unfuckingreal. Come on, Abbott and DeSantis, bring the pressure.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Rubio is such a little cunt RINO

Top Bottom