Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Cujo

DCC 4Life

How long before Democratic voters become embarrassed by this obscene double standard they apply, wantonly, to further their own self interests? I will be the first to admit the Republican party is not perfect but at least you can usually follow the line of logic behind what they do, whether you agree with it or not.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Put this here instead of the virus thread because it's not even about that anymore, but turned on Fauci and Giroir's testimony to Congress and damn, Tim Kaine is giving them hell. Keeps citing South Korea's results and asking why we didn't do better. He has this accusatorial tone like he's talking to Trump himself. I thought Fauci was the Left's hero?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The reckoning is coming for these fuckers. And, it's not going to be pretty. The people (hopefully) will not stand by and let these tyrants run their lives, regardless of the current situation. This is fucking America, and there are still people out there that know what that means.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The reckoning is coming for these fuckers. And, it's not going to be pretty. The people (hopefully) will not stand by and let these tyrants run their lives, regardless of the current situation. This is fucking America, and there are still people out there that know what that means.
Unfortunately even if it results in a 2020 election loss, I doubt it's anything more than a momentary blip.

None of this is going to significantly change the direction of the country in our lifetimes, I fear.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I have a bigger-picture question for you guys. These blue state indefinite lockdowns... Do the Dems not realize the incredible economic damage this is causing? Is there any way they don't realize it? Do they honestly believe they can parlay this into the Fed bailing out their states' horrible financial decisions of the past?

This sounds so conspiracy theorist and out there, and I never used to think stuff like this. But I'm almost starting to wonder if they don't really want to collapse the entire system because they think they can rebuild a better one and they'll still be in charge.

It doesn't sound as crazy as it used to, because I can't come up with many other conclusions.... unless they're actually dumb enough to believe the government can print money forever with no consequences. But maybe they are.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have a bigger-picture question for you guys. These blue state indefinite lockdowns... Do the Dems not realize the incredible economic damage this is causing? Is there any way they don't realize it? Do they honestly believe they can parlay this into the Fed bailing out their states' horrible financial decisions of the past?

This sounds so conspiracy theorist and out there, and I never used to think stuff like this. But I'm almost starting to wonder if they don't really want to collapse the entire system because they think they can rebuild a better one and they'll still be in charge.

It doesn't sound as crazy as it used to, because I can't come up with many other conclusions.... unless they're actually dumb enough to believe the government can print money forever with no consequences. But maybe they are.
It's scary, man. If you would have asked me 3 months ago if the Democrats would have sabotaged their own country to hurt Donald Trump, I would have just laughed and said 'No way. They may hate the man, but nobody would go that far.'

After watching what's going on over the last few months, now I'm not so sure.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is scary but this is some of what I was talking about some time ago when I said that the country could be lost because of some of the crazy things that would bring it to the point of non retrieval. I don’t think this will happen over this virus but with the insane mindset of some it can actually happen at some point if it doesn’t reverse itself. I’m not sure many believe political differences can become fatal but they actually can because many of the generations of today do not fully understand responsibility and sacrifices that have been made to bring it to where it is.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's scary, man. If you would have asked me 3 months ago if the Democrats would have sabotaged their own country to hurt Donald Trump, I would have just laughed and said 'No way. They may hate the man, but nobody would go that far.'

After watching what's going on over the last few months, now I'm not so sure.
I can't figure out if they think they can balance it so the economy looks bad and Trump loses, then everything will come right back. To me, we're risking a real depression that lasts longer than a couple more months. Do they not realize how hard that is to come back from and how many people will be hurt?

Or do they really want to uproot the system and replace it with something else? I don't know anymore.

Top Bottom