Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't figure out if they think they can balance it so the economy looks bad and Trump loses, then everything will come right back. To me, we're risking a real depression that lasts longer than a couple more months. Do they not realize how hard that is to come back from and how many people will be hurt?

Or do they really want to uproot the system and replace it with something else? I don't know anymore.
I think they legitimately want to change the system to give themselves more power. Create panic among the public and make them look to government for answers. Then when the economy is failing people will once again look to government for answers. It's all about power in this country and politicians are always hungry for it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think they legitimately want to change the system to give themselves more power. Create panic among the public and make them look to government for answers. Then when the economy is failing people will once again look to government for answers. It's all about power in this country and politicians are always hungry for it.
I'm starting to come around to exactly that thought.

"Fundamentally change"

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
smart move. Trump loves it when people flatter him or ask him for help. he's an easy mark.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
smart move. Trump loves it when people flatter him or ask him for help. he's an easy mark.
I've always thought if the media was smart and really cared about the country, they could manipulate Trump into doing a lot of things they think should be done. Reminds me of the Dave Chapelle show Dave Chappelle: Killin' Them Softly where he makes a similar point about how an older, wiser woman (than Lewinsky) could have sucked us into utopia, 20 years old and still just as funny:

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
^^ Does anyone follow this shit close enough to speculate Chinas motivation here?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
^^ Does anyone follow this shit close enough to speculate Chinas motivation here?
I don't follow it that close but this seems to be basically China expanding there territories, just around a month ago they moved more of there military into the contested Paracel and Spratly islands and they are also pushing harder now to put down the resistance from Hong Kong

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I don't follow it that close but this seems to be basically China expanding there territories, just around a month ago they moved more of there military into the contested Paracel and Spratly islands and they are also pushing harder now to put down the resistance from Hong Kong
Oy, I fear this won't end well

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oy, I fear this won't end well
The media talks a lot about world war 3 with Korea and all that, but I think the next big war is coming with China. And it’s going to happen perpendicular you a civil war in our own country. It sounds crazy but it is going to happen.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
China is in a bit of a quandry because if they did utilize this virus to try to control Honk Kong it obviously got out of hand. In so doing the effort went world wide and as the saying goes they crapped in their mess kit.

While the US isn’t an ally of China we are their trade backbone and it would be utterly stupid to try to cripple the economic life line of your customer.

Being buddies with North Korea does nothing for their economic and trade system. It more of a protectionism position to have them occupy the US with skirmishes about Missiles that keep our intelligence system in overload.

All the ballyhoo about punishing China for all the damage is pointless and it’s just a way to allow political community to show their song and dance or frustrations to the public. The most effective thing way to deal with China is to shut down the trade deficit and quit being their prime customer thus financial supporter.

China can not afford or tolerate a sharp reduction in production because there are too many people there that would become so desperate that the masses might revolt and try to overthrough their own government.

At the bottom of it all is that same old factor that creates havoc in the world all the time. It’s all money motivated when all the factors are stripped away. If you control capital you control nations and their people. If you control them you have power. If you have power you will feel superior. If you feel superior you will do stupid things then try to control the outcome.

China did a stupid thing.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
The media talks a lot about world war 3 with Korea and all that, but I think the next big war is coming with China. And it’s going to happen perpendicular you a civil war in our own country. It sounds crazy but it is going to happen.

I hear people mention civil war in the U.S. quite often but I think Americans, collectively, are too fat and lazy with far too much to lose to engage in insurrections. I just don't see it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hear people mention civil war in the U.S. quite often but I think Americans, collectively, are too fat and lazy with far too much to lose to engage in insurrections. I just don't see it.
I think you underestimate gun owners in the south.

Top Bottom