Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:rofl

She should get together with the guy who thought Guam could sink if we put too many soldiers there. :lol

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Keith Olbermann rips Sage Steele as 'the dumbest person I've ever worked with in sports' after Joe Biden interview: 'If it hadn't been scripted, she couldn't have gotten through it'
  • Steele said she was told not to deviate from her scripted questions to Biden
  • Olbermann said they were scripted so that Steele wouldn't 'humiliate' ESPN
  • DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
By JAKE FENNER
PUBLISHED: 14:04 EDT, 4 April 2024 | UPDATED: 18:19 EDT, 4 April 2024

Former ESPN anchor Keith Olbermann ripped his former co-worker, Sage Steele, after she revealed that an interview she conducted with President Joe Biden was scripted.
Steele, who has since left ESPN, revealed to FOX News Digital that she was told that she wasn't allowed to ask follow up questions or deviate from the script.

'That was an interesting experience in its own right because it was so structured,' Steele said.

'And I was told, "You will say every word that we write out, you will not deviate from the script and go to the word." Like, every single question was scripted, gone over dozens of times by many editors and executives.

;Absolutely. I was on script and was told not to deviate. It was very much, 'This is what you will ask. This is how you will say it. No follow-ups, no follow-ups. Next.'

Sage Steele of ESPN spoke up about how an interview she did with Joe Biden was scripted

Olbermann called Steele 'the dumbest person I've ever worked with in sports or news'

Olbermann called Steele 'the dumbest person I've ever worked with in sports or news'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-13291273/Olivia-Dunne-SCARED-fans-reply-Instagram.html?ico=related-replace
'This went up to the fourth floor, as we said, where all the bosses, the top executives, the decision-makers are, the president of our company, the CEO, where they all worked.'

Olbermann blasted Steele on social media - going so far as to calling her the 'dumbest person' he's worked with in the world of sports.
'OF COURSE it was scripted,' Olbermann said. 'If it hadn't been @sagesteele - the dumbest person I've ever worked with in sports or news - couldn't have gotten through it.'

Olbermann then screenshotted one part of the interview, commenting, 'I mean Jesus, if this happened to you, you'd just assume it WASN'T being done to protect the network from you humiliating it - and yourself? [facepalm emoji]'

It's important to note that Steele and Olbermann have vastly differing politics - with Olbermann being notably and vocally more to the left than Steele's.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Keith Olbermann rips Sage Steele as 'the dumbest person I've ever worked with in sports' after Joe Biden interview: 'If it hadn't been scripted, she couldn't have gotten through it'
  • Steele said she was told not to deviate from her scripted questions to Biden
  • Olbermann said they were scripted so that Steele wouldn't 'humiliate' ESPN
  • DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
By JAKE FENNER
PUBLISHED: 14:04 EDT, 4 April 2024 | UPDATED: 18:19 EDT, 4 April 2024

Former ESPN anchor Keith Olbermann ripped his former co-worker, Sage Steele, after she revealed that an interview she conducted with President Joe Biden was scripted.
Steele, who has since left ESPN, revealed to FOX News Digital that she was told that she wasn't allowed to ask follow up questions or deviate from the script.

'That was an interesting experience in its own right because it was so structured,' Steele said.

'And I was told, "You will say every word that we write out, you will not deviate from the script and go to the word." Like, every single question was scripted, gone over dozens of times by many editors and executives.

;Absolutely. I was on script and was told not to deviate. It was very much, 'This is what you will ask. This is how you will say it. No follow-ups, no follow-ups. Next.'

Sage Steele of ESPN spoke up about how an interview she did with Joe Biden was scripted

Olbermann called Steele 'the dumbest person I've ever worked with in sports or news''the dumbest person I've ever worked with in sports or news'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-13291273/Olivia-Dunne-SCARED-fans-reply-Instagram.html?ico=related-replace
'This went up to the fourth floor, as we said, where all the bosses, the top executives, the decision-makers are, the president of our company, the CEO, where they all worked.'

Olbermann blasted Steele on social media - going so far as to calling her the 'dumbest person' he's worked with in the world of sports.
'OF COURSE it was scripted,' Olbermann said. 'If it hadn't been @sagesteele - the dumbest person I've ever worked with in sports or news - couldn't have gotten through it.'

Olbermann then screenshotted one part of the interview, commenting, 'I mean Jesus, if this happened to you, you'd just assume it WASN'T being done to protect the network from you humiliating it - and yourself? [facepalm emoji]'

It's important to note that Steele and Olbermann have vastly differing politics - with Olbermann being notably and vocally more to the left than Steele's.

He always sounds like his blood pressure is about 200/120.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I remember when Maher was a left-wing nut job.

Now he is become conservative because shit has thrown things off the rails so much.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He is not more conservative now. That center line has just moved, making him seem more conservative now.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Part of the blame goes to influencers like him, though. He's supported these things all along and it's only now that it's very predictably gone too far that he wants to hit the brakes.

I've mentioned it before, but it's like in 2019 when Dennis Prager said on his show that the Left claimed "Men give birth" and Maher and the crowd denied it and ridiculed him. Turns out it was 100% true, but Maher wasn't aware of it because he bought the lie from his side that it was a conspiracy theory (or just an outright fabrication) from the other side.

At least he's saying this now, though, I guess. But he should learn more about the roots of these insane and destructive ideas.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Part of the blame goes to influencers like him, though. He's supported these things all along and it's only now that it's very predictably gone too far that he wants to hit the brakes.

I've mentioned it before, but it's like in 2019 when Dennis Prager said on his show that the Left claimed "Men give birth" and Maher and the crowd denied it and ridiculed him. Turns out it was 100% true, but Maher wasn't aware of it because he bought the lie from his side that it was a conspiracy theory (or just an outright fabrication) from the other side.

At least he's saying this now, though, I guess. But he should learn more about the roots of these insane and destructive ideas.
What about the same in far right ideology?

Today’s MAGA (R) is not like the Bushes nor Reagan. It is just as extreme and insane.

Top Bottom