Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So anyone who doesn't kneel at the altar of Trump suffers from TDS... got it.

The first one he's dead on. He's trying to do to this country the same thing he's done to many of his businesses, all for his personal gain. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

The second one is over the top... although he tried to shit all over the election process he didn't succeed.

Lookit... some of the people who for years I've considered some of the most intelligent people posting here, NoDak, Cotton, and yes, even that smarmy MF'er Smitty seem to have bought off on his bullshit and try to pass it off as harmless, or not as bad as it is being portrayed/shown. That just flabbergasts me.
It IS harmless. No, he did not throw 250 years of Democracy out the window. The hyperbole is mind boggling.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Earlier this year, pollster Scott Rasmussen asked voters a simple question: “Would you rather have your candidate win by cheating or lose by playing fair?”

The answers he got back were, as he put it in a Daily Signal podcast last week, “the most terrifying poll result I’ve ever seen.”

Among all Americans, just 7% said they would want their candidate to win by cheating. As Rasmussen put it, he’d rather see that number lower, but that’s not bad.

But more than a third of the elite 1% he surveyed would condone cheating.
The prospective cheaters earn more than $150,000 per year and primarily live in larger urban areas. Unlike most of the rest of the country, more than one-third of them were okay with election fraud if it delivered a victory. And among those who self-identified as being "politically obsessed" (meaning they talk about politics on an almost daily basis), a stunning 69% said they would be okay with cheating in the election.
That wasn't the end of the bad news when it came to this elite group of activists. More than half said there is "too much individual freedom in America." More than two-thirds said they were "in favor of rationing energy and food" to combat climate change. (Of course, these are the people who will still be able to afford to eat whatever they wish.) The same two-thirds margin said that they would prefer teachers and education officials to determine what is taught to children rather than their parents.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Funny how these quotes don't mention a political party, but we all know exactly who this is talking about.
Pretty obvious which party is leading that charge by this quote alone.

More than half said there is "too much individual freedom in America." More than two-thirds said they were "in favor of rationing energy and food" to combat climate change.

Top Bottom