Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

‘Black Lives Don’t Matter To Democrats’: GOP Candidate Releases Viral Ad Crushing Dems
"Democrats don’t want you to see this."
By Amanda Prestigiacomo
Aug 17, 2020 DailyWire.com
Facebook

Twitter
Mail
Republican Kimberly Klacik talks with a voter during the election between herself and Democrat Kweisi Mfume to fill the remainder of the late Rep. Elijah Cummings term at Edmondson High School in Baltimore, Md., on Tuesday, April 28, 2020.
Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call via Getty Images
On Monday, Republican strategist and congressional GOP candidate Kimberly Klacik released an ad slamming Democrats for their apparently fake concern for black lives, highlighting the devastation in Democrat-run cities, particularly Baltimore.
Klacik is the Republican nominee running for the seat of late Congressman Elijah Cummings in Maryland’s ninth district.

“Democrats don’t want you to see this,” Klacik captioned the ad, which was viewed over 700,000 times in three hours. “They’re scared that I’m exposing what life is like in Democrat-run cities. That’s why I’m running for Congress. Because All Black Lives Matter. Baltimore Matters. And black people don’t have to vote Democrat.”
The brutal ad features Klacik walking through the streets of Baltimore, where there are broken windows, destroyed buildings, and abandoned homes.
“Do you care about black lives? The people who run Baltimore don’t. I can prove it, walk with me. They don’t want you to see this,” Klacik says in the ad, before strolling through the devastated city.

Walking by boarded up and rundown buildings, the congressional hopeful continues, “This is the reality for black people every single day: crumbling infrastructure, abandoned homes, poverty, and crime.”
“Baltimore has been run by the Democrat Party for 53 years,” she says. “What is the result of their decades of leadership? Baltimore is one of the top five most dangerous cities in America. The murder rate in Baltimore is ten times the U.S. average. The Baltimore poverty rate is over 20%. Homicide, drug, and alcohol deaths are skyrocketing in our city.”
“Do you believe black lives matter? I do. The vast majority of crime in Baltimore is perpetrated against black people, who make up 60% of the population. So why don’t we care about our communities?” she asks.

“The Democrat Party have betrayed the black people of Baltimore. If the politicians walked the streets like I do, they would see exactly how their policies and corruption affects us. But they don’t wanna see it. They don’t want you to see this.”
The ad then features three black residents, two males and one female, being asked if they want the police defunded — a rallying cry for Democrats. All three vehemently decline, noting of the violence that would ravage the city further without police.
“It’s not just Baltimore,” Klacik says. “The worst place for a black person to live in America is a Democrat-controlled city. It’s 2020, name a blue city where black people’s lives have gotten better.”

“Democrats think black people are stupid,” the Republican asserts. “They think they can control us forever, that we won’t demand better, that we’ll keep voting for them, forever, despite what they’ve done to our families and our communities.”
“Are they right?” asks Klacik.
Last year, Klacik posted viral video posts on Twitter exposing the devastation in Baltimore, backing up claims from President Donald Trump concerning the city, which the media claimed were racially-charged.
WATCH:

Welp, I'm in love. Again.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What a GREAT ad. Truly great. Trump needs more in that style, not about personality but about policies and results.

Hope plenty of people see it before Twitter takes it down.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I like that she's pointing out the issues in her city but the underlying message is that a different person running the government will change things for the better. She may be able to stop corruption and keep gov from being a detriment to that community but the issues are much deeper than blaming it on gov imho.

There needs to be a cultural enema and then they need gentrification; it would be best if it was driven by primarily middle and upper class black folks, then better businesses will come, people that live there can get some of those jobs, rinse, repeat until the inertia is finally moving in a positive direction

as long as the people of that city believe the government (regardless of party) is the reason and/or solution to the problems, they will be forever fucked!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think her message isn't that she'd instantly solve everything. It's more asking why should you feel locked into this one particular party when all they've delivered is failure?

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I think her message isn't that she'd instantly solve everything. It's more asking why should you feel locked into this one particular party when all they've delivered is failure?
I agree, I just dont think she's going to be able to change anything but it sounds good

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

About time Abbott got his balls back

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

About time Abbott got his balls back
I don't see how he can do this, I write my MASSIVE property tax checks to "John Ames-Dallas County Tax Assessor" not the state, so I don't see how Abbott can control these funds. Here's a break down of what the money goes to, none which are state related:

2020-08-18_19-17-53.png

Anyone else bothered that the checks are written out to an individual? I hope there are solid controls in place because it seems odd to make it out to an individual which opens the door for all kinds of issues.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't see how he can do this, I write my MASSIVE property tax checks to "John Ames-Dallas County Tax Assessor" not the state, so I don't see how Abbott can control these funds. Here's a break down of what the money goes to, none which are state related:

View attachment 690773

Anyone else bothered that the checks are written out to an individual? I hope there are solid controls in place because it seems odd to make it out to an individual which opens the door for all kinds of issues.
Governors aren't supposed to have the power to mandate masks, lockdowns, etc without going thru the state legislature either but here we are

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

View attachment 690773

He can't withhold current property tax revenue streams, but he can freeze any property tax increases which happens a lot in Austin.

Top Bottom