Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
A person with a functioning frontal lobe might occasionally have his own thoughts and not be ideologically pure enough, so no.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

I would vote for this cat in a heartbeat to get away from the current democrat lunacy.
Yep. This shows why the people who claim this is just "Team Red vs Team Blue" are wrong. The Team Blue of today is nothing like what this guy and his family represented.

I disagree with him on guns and other things, but he's at least a reasonable, rational, Pro-America thinker. The current leadership behind the rest of that party is not. Which is why, sadly, he will have no chance.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. This shows why the people who claim this is just "Team Red vs Team Blue" are wrong. The Team Blue of today is nothing like what this guy and his family represented.

I disagree with him on guns and other things, but he's at least a reasonable, rational, Pro-America thinker. The current leadership behind the rest of that party is not. Which is why, sadly, he will have no chance.
It is still Red versus Blue but even more polarized within each party.

Kennedy will get Ron Paul-ed by the extremeists.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Kennedy will get Ron Paul-ed by the extremeists.
No, he'll get the Bernie treatment circa 2020. Bernie won Iowa, the establishment freaked out, and everyone coalesced around Biden. Sanders was effectively finished after that.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
No, he'll get the Bernie treatment circa 2020. Bernie won Iowa, the establishment freaked out, and everyone coalesced around Biden. Sanders was effectively finished after that.

Correct. They've shown repeatedly that they will manipulate the results to make sure they get what they want. Kennedy is probably not controllable so there's no chance they let him take down Biden unless they literally have no choice.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Correct. They've shown repeatedly that they will manipulate the results to make sure they get what they want. Kennedy is probably not controllable so there's no chance they let him take down Biden unless they literally have no choice.
The good news is that incumbents who get challenged by someone in their own party usually go on to lose the general.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The good news is that incumbents who get challenged by someone in their own party usually go on to lose the general.

While that's usually true, I think you can throw historical trends out the window nowadays.

Now if Kennedy ran as an independent in the general election, Biden would have no chance. But I don't think he'd do it.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

The democrats will label him a fascist and a nazi soon.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If each one of you sits down and looks at what our future President will be, you have to be a little bit scared.

The DFDC in me wants to say it doesn't matter. The greed machine will continue.

But I want to think that there is someone not completely corrupted and knows what being a real American is.

And that means there is a leader out there that can function as neutral as possible and understand the political game.

It is sad there is no one "electable" that lead us out of this shitshow.

Top Bottom