Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Shocked ESPN disciplined him at all. Maybe they're serious about less politics?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Why you're conflicted.
Oh, ok sorry.

From the article:

The Durkan petitioners’ recall effort accuses the mayor of “endanger(ing) the peace and safety of the community” by allowing police to “leak false information about fabricated crimes and threats to the media” and issuing a citywide curfew without sufficient notice to the public. The petitioners also accused Durkan of restricting certain property rights in downtown Seattle and Capitol Hill, the neighborhood where many of the protests took place.

In her ruling Friday, Judge Mary E. Roberts dismissed six of the seven charges put forward as “insufficient,” but allowed one - which accuses Durkan of allowing tear gas and other crowd control weapons to be used during the coronavirus pandemic - to proceed “more narrowly than alleged.”

____

As much as I think this mayor is unfit for office and should be removed, the petitioners aren't trying to get her removed for the right reasons. Seems like their problem isn't that she let the riots and lawlessness happen, but rather that she broke it up.

The judge dismissed those sorts of charges, and for good reason, but left one - that the mayor allowed crowd control measures the take place during the pandemic. Not only do I think that charge is without merit, I'd hate to see the precedent set that a mayor is afraid to control a crowd (with or without a pandemic) for fear of being removed from office.

If a petition is filed to remove the mayor for gross incompetence in allowing riots and lawlessness to occur without taking action to stop it, I'm all for it. But this doesn't look like that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh, ok sorry.

From the article:

The Durkan petitioners’ recall effort accuses the mayor of “endanger(ing) the peace and safety of the community” by allowing police to “leak false information about fabricated crimes and threats to the media” and issuing a citywide curfew without sufficient notice to the public. The petitioners also accused Durkan of restricting certain property rights in downtown Seattle and Capitol Hill, the neighborhood where many of the protests took place.

In her ruling Friday, Judge Mary E. Roberts dismissed six of the seven charges put forward as “insufficient,” but allowed one - which accuses Durkan of allowing tear gas and other crowd control weapons to be used during the coronavirus pandemic - to proceed “more narrowly than alleged.”

____

As much as I think this mayor is unfit for office and should be removed, the petitioners aren't trying to get her removed for the right reasons. Seems like their problem isn't that she let the riots and lawlessness happen, but rather that she broke it up.

The judge dismissed those sorts of charges, and for good reason, but left one - that the mayor allowed crowd control measures the take place during the pandemic. Not only do I think that charge is without merit, I'd hate to see the precedent set that a mayor is afraid to control a crowd (with or without a pandemic) for fear of being removed from office.

If a petition is filed to remove the mayor for gross incompetence in allowing riots and lawlessness to occur without taking action to stop it, I'm all for it. But this doesn't look like that.
That's fair, I guess. I guess I want that dumb bitch removed from office so badly I don't care about the means.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

They are about to start the push for gun control again at the same time they are defunding the police, they have no shame

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

They are about to start the push for gun control again at the same time they are defunding the police, they have no shame
I thought NYC had super strict gun rules? Didn't Plaxico Burress get a couple of years in the slammer for his dumb gun stunt?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I thought NYC had super strict gun rules? Didn't Plaxico Burress get a couple of years in the slammer for his dumb gun stunt?
Are you saying ~gasp~ that gun laws don't work??

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
They do

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ruth Bader Ginsburg is back in the hospital.

I haven’t seen someone hang on so desperately since David Carradine.

They're already worried cause they know Cocaine Mitch would love to ram thru another scotus pick

Sheik

DCC 4Life

They're already worried cause they know Cocaine Mitch would love to ram thru another scotus pick
Ginsburg could die tonight and they wouldn’t have time to get anyone through.

They wouldn’t have the votes unless they nominated Jesus Christ.

No matter who it is, someone will level an egregious charge, and you’ll have one or two moderates that will side with the democrats in delaying.

Similar to Kavanaugh. You had that crooked nosed mother fucker Flake and turds like Collins.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ginsburg could die tonight and they wouldn’t have time to get anyone through.

They wouldn’t have the votes unless they nominated Jesus Christ.

No matter who it is, someone will level an egregious charge, and you’ll have one or two moderates that will side with the democrats in delaying.

Similar to Kavanaugh. You had that crooked nosed mother fucker Flake and turds like Collins.
Wanna bet? I'll put up 500 Mitch can get someone thru(if this happens within 2 weeks)

Top Bottom