Random Politics Stuff Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What makes a candidate "qualified" anyway? Decades of self-enrichment as a career politican?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It is a terrible take, but unfortunately, he's right. And they have us by the balls in a way that Osama never did. Osama caught us in a surprise attack and we were strong enough as a military to beat that ass.

The far left has us hostage because the media and corporate America are complicit and we have given them all the power in this country.

Elect Biden and he will "soothe" things (ie, the media will stand down). Re-elect Trump and they will continue to fan the flames until it's a revolution.

Kristol isn't giving advice, he's delivering the ransom note.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Or, save the country and let the media lose their minds.
How are we gonna do that? The media pressures the corporate world, the corporate world makes the changes.

It doesn't matter if Conservatives control the Presidency and the Congress.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
How are we gonna do that? The media pressures the corporate world, the corporate world makes the changes.

It doesn't matter if Conservatives control the Presidency and the Congress.
It's still better to retain power and get the wall built, get more conservative judges appointed, get more regulations off the books, get immigration (legal and otherwise) under control, forestall the economically ruinous New Green Deal, etc. Would you rather bob along in the ocean for four more years or be eaten by sharks?

cml750

Not So New Member
It's still better to retain power and get the wall built, get more conservative judges appointed, get more regulations off the books, get immigration (legal and otherwise) under control, forestall the economically ruinous New Green Deal, etc. Would you rather bob along in the ocean for four more years or be eaten by sharks?
Bingo!!!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd rather return to sanity.

I'm just saying, if Trump is re-elected, expect way more of this widespread misbehaving with enabling from leftist leaders, media, and corporate powers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I'm just saying, if Trump is re-elected, expect way more of this widespread misbehaving with enabling from leftist leaders, media, and corporate powers.
That's still way better than the alternative.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And much more entertaining in a lot of cases.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I get it but I also don't think the response to terroristic activities is to just give in and give them what they want to pacify them. A child throws a tantrum at the store for a toy, you can give them the toy and pacify them and they will stop with the tantrum. But you're really just kicking the can down the road. Now every time they want something they will do the same thing knowing they will get the toy. Unfortunately sometimes you have to deal with the kicking and screaming knowing that in the long run it's better for everyone.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I get it but I also don't think the response to terroristic activities is to just give in and give them what they want to pacify them. A child throws a tantrum at the store for a toy, you can give them the toy and pacify them and they will stop with the tantrum. But you're really just kicking the can down the road. Now every time they want something they will do the same thing knowing they will get the toy. Unfortunately sometimes you have to deal with the kicking and screaming knowing that in the long run it's better for everyone.
I'm not advocating letting Biden win or anything.

Just saying, it's coming. If Biden wins, everything will calm down and all these issues magically disappear. If Trump is re-elected, the national temper tantrum continues.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Something else that happened this weekend, Kristi Noem showed she is a rising GOP star.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It is a terrible take, but unfortunately, he's right. And they have us by the balls in a way that Osama never did. Osama caught us in a surprise attack and we were strong enough as a military to beat that ass.

The far left has us hostage because the media and corporate America are complicit and we have given them all the power in this country.

Elect Biden and he will "soothe" things (ie, the media will stand down). Re-elect Trump and they will continue to fan the flames until it's a revolution.

Kristol isn't giving advice, he's delivering the ransom note.

I guess we'll never have a Republican president again, then? This isn't about Trump, even if they lie to you and tell you it is.

You're right that it's a ransom note. The answer is to tell them fuck off, and enforce the law where applicable.

Capitulation and appeasement got us to this point.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Well said.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

That's still preferable to letting these psychos be in charge

Top Bottom