Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2024

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed. In general, I’d shy away from Michigan players in this draft.
I kind of like Corum but man, the size just worries me with the way Duece was sort of not used. Not the same RB, but he is still only like 205 pounds. He runs like a little hammer but I probably prefer guys more in the 5'9" or taller range.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I kind of like Corum but man, the size just worries me with the way Duece was sort of not used. Not the same RB, but he is still only like 205 pounds. He runs like a little hammer but I probably prefer guys more in the 5'9" or taller range.
Obviously, Corum belongs on the Mount Rushmore of Michigan players, but his lack of size and speed scares me as an NFL prospect. A guy who’s only 5’8 needs to run faster than the 4.5s. He’s as tough as nails, has an amazing jump cut, but has no top end speed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Outside of LB Junior Colson and maybe OG Zak Zinter (if he's recovered from the broken leg), I'm not high on many of our players as NFL prospects.
And both happened not to work out.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
And both happened not to work out.
I understand why Zinter didn’t, because he’s still recovering from the leg injury, but Colson not working out is strange. Teams may look at Zinter’s rookie season as a medical redshirt, but Colson would be a day 1 starter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I understand why Zinter didn’t, because he’s still recovering from the leg injury, but Colson not working out is strange. Teams may look at Zinter’s rookie season as a medical redshirt, but Colson would be a day 1 starter.

Makes me wonder if he is afraid his forty or something won't be up to par. Seems like more players are picking this route than ever before. Sort of a let the tape speak for itself approach.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Makes me wonder if he is afraid his forty or something won't be up to par. Seems like more players are picking this route than ever before. Sort of a let the tape speak for itself approach.
We’re seeing more and more of that from players, but usually the high round picks, not mid-2nd round guys, so I think your opinion has a lot of merit here. One would think that a guy in that draft position would want to try and showcase his skills to potentially move into the 1st round, considering that would translate to a few million dollars.

Top Bottom