If they pick this guy in the second….

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Worked great with Mr Clear Eye View...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You better prepare yourself.

These idiots can't help themselves when it comes to the second round, they just have to find some orphan Annie.
Might be different I'd we didn't need a RB immediately. Even still I'd be talking 4th. A Pollard type draft pick honestly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Worthy then looked terrific in position drills. He ran great routes, translated his track speed onto the field and caught everything thrown to him. His hands were very impressive, as Worthy consistently snatched the ball away from his frame and had no bobbles or double catches.
Worthy was with the Cowboys on Tuesday night after spending the bulk of Monday afternoon with the Bears, Texans and Patriots. After practice Wednesday, he met extensively with the Steelers and Colts.

Running back Jonathon Brooks, who tore his ACL during the 10th game of the season, was on hand but did not work out. He's expected to be ready on July 1. The Cowboys sent offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer to pro day specifically to meet with Brooks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I watched Brooks pretty closely last night and I don't see what the big deal is, seems like a guy getting artificially inflated because if you squint he's the closest thing in the class to a 3-down back.

If he hadn't torn his ACL and tested relatively well at the Combine I'd say he should be in the mix in the 2nd depending on the board, but unless the board is complete shit I don't see how you take a guy like that coming off a torn ACL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watched Brooks pretty closely last night and I don't see what the big deal is, seems like a guy getting artificially inflated because if you squint he's the closest thing in the class to a 3-down back.

If he hadn't torn his ACL and tested relatively well at the Combine I'd say he should be in the mix in the 2nd depending on the board, but unless the board is complete shit I don't see how you take a guy like that coming off a torn ACL.
Fully healthy I don't think he would be my number 1 back. I'm with you, I can't see how he is the concensus #1 RB with the injury. Feels like media has over inflated him.

In the fourth round I'd be game. In the second? I like Benson and Lloyd better easily. That's if the injury wasn't a concern. With the injury Corum and Allen are better for my opinion. Wright, Davis and Estime may be my preference as well.

The problem is if teams start going RB early we will have to reach. We can't afford to not get one in this draft. So if one or two go before our second round pick, we have to get one in the second.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Interesting take. It could be that he is a media first rounder. He did not make either Kiper or McGinn’s grumpy scout top 32.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Interesting take. It could be that he is a media first rounder. He did not make either Kiper or McGinn’s grumpy scout top 32.
I kinda see what he's saying but he's definitely not slow and doesn't have "huge" balance issues.

I think he's a little overrated if you're talking about him as a "lock top 20" guy, but I think he's definitely deserving of going in the first and is the top center in the class. You don't find guys who are 330 with his athleticism very often.

Top Bottom