Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Almost entirely offense. Normally I wouldn’t read too much into it but that seems pretty obvious.
Yeah I was listening to the Cowboys Draft Show and they seemed convinced this is going to be an offense heavy draft. Oline, WR, TE and a RB later. I won't be shocked if this year is the exact opposite draft of last year. Hell I think McClay was gushing about the RB depth of the draft and how great the Oline talent is in terms of depth and top end talent. Just prepare yourselves.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I was listening to the Cowboys Draft Show and they seemed convinced this is going to be an offense heavy draft. Oline, WR, TE and a RB later. I won't be shocked if this year is the exact opposite draft of last year. Hell I think McClay was gushing about the RB depth of the draft and how great the Oline talent is in terms of depth and top end talent. Just prepare yourselves.
Why the hell do we need to get excited about RB depth? So they can sit behind Elliott's nose rings for a year or more?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Totally agree. The O failed down the stretch and they'll do everything possible to be Dak Friendly even if it costs the defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Linebacker Grant Morgan had a solid day. He timed in the high 4.7s in the 40 but posted
a short shuttle time of 4.10s, 6.79s in the three-cone, a vertical jump of 34.5 inches,
and completed 32 reps on the bench. Morgan participated in both linebacker and defensive
back drills.

Which teams met with Razorbacks at the 2022 Arkansas Pro Day?
Brown spent a lot of time with the Indianapolis Colts and Arizona Cardinals. Additionally, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Chicago Bears met with Morgan. The Dallas Cowboys, who will need a replacement for soon-to-be free agent Leighton Vander Esch, are also very high on him.

Arkansas Pro Day 2022: Treylon Burks doesn't run the 40, looks good in position drills

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree with the OL being a point of emphasis, and WR needs some new blood too.

TE I don't get, but RB is a good strategy if the right talent falls. Tony Pollard and Zeke are no longer as durable, and good depth here and a nod to the future would be nice.

We must have DT help, but the Cowboys continue their blind spot here. I'm not sure Bohanna makes a giant stride in year two.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

TE I don't get, but RB is a good strategy if the right talent falls. Tony Pollard and Zeke are no longer as durable, and good depth here and a nod to the future would be nice.

We must have DT help, but the Cowboys continue their blind spot here. I'm not sure Bohanna makes a giant stride in year two.
For some reason the Cowboys are linked to TE almost as often as CB. I am surprised the CB drivel is extremely low this year. The team could draft OL, DL, and LB almost exclusively and I wouldn’t be too upset. At least I would see a plan. I expect us to be heavy on those positions but with 9 picks I expect to see 2-3 OL, 2 LB, a DL, a RB, a TE, and a WR. If there is an outlier from that it will be a kicker or punter or a special teams S. Godwin is getting older.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

So TE I think is mostly prep for the loss of Schultz. Right now it's a one year deal on the franchise tag. I wouldn't use a top 3 round pick on one. But I'd start developing a guy with the hopes you can transition to your next Schultz. Hey maybe one of those many fifth round picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For some reason the Cowboys are linked to TE almost as often as CB. I am surprised the CB drivel is extremely low this year. The team could draft OL, DL, and LB almost exclusively and I wouldn’t be too upset. At least I would see a plan. I expect us to be heavy on those positions but with 9 picks I expect to see 2-3 OL, 2 LB, a DL, a RB, a TE, and a WR. If there is an outlier from that it will be a kicker or punter or a special teams S. Godwin is getting older.
From McCarthy I think it's going to be Oline in the first and a heavy emphasis on the run game. You may even see a RB somewhere in this draft. We are stuck with Zeke but McClay gushing over the RB depth and McCarthy talking about running the ball sticks out to me. I think our offense will be different next year. Maybe even more of a 2 TE offense. Or even more McGovern at FB. It may also explain the Cooper move a little at least. Although I still heavily disagree with it. I think you'll see more running and WRs blocking. And then play action with shots deep.

Last edited:

shoop

Semi-contributing member
From McCarthy I think it's going to be Oline in the first and a heavy emphasis on the run game. You may even see a RB somewhere in this draft. We are stuck with Zeke but McClay gushing over the RB depth and McCarthy talking about running the ball sticks out to me. I think our offense will be different next year. Maybe even more of a 2 TE offense. Or even more McGovern at FB. It may also explain the Cooper move a little at least. Although I still heavily disagree with it. I think you'll see more running and WRs blocking. And then play action with shots deep.
If the team were actually built run heavy with Dak used like a more “QB” version of Lamar Jackson I wouldn’t have a huge problem with it. Run heavy, short passes with YAC and occasional deep balls. We would at least have an identity. Up until now it has felt like we are afraid identity equals figured out while defenses have already figured out our tendencies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the team were actually built run heavy with Dak used like a more “QB” version of Lamar Jackson I wouldn’t have a huge problem with it. Run heavy, short passes with YAC and occasional deep balls. We would at least have an identity. Up until now it has felt like we are afraid identity equals figured out while defenses have already figured out our tendencies.
I'm starting to believe that's the goal. Now if they actually accomplish that is a different question. McCarthy and Moore have never been run oriented guys. But I think they must at least realize Dak is at his best with a strong run game.

They are clearly banking on the Oline depth in this draft. I think they are confident in the depth and talent of this draft on the Oline and you'll see a Zion or Kenyon in the first and an OT later.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Pretty bad numbers for Wydermyer and Spiller. Wydermyer might go undrafted in this TE class with that kind of time.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Pretty bad numbers for Wydermyer and Spiller. Wydermyer might go undrafted in this TE class with that kind of time.
Good God that's horrendous, I'd definitely take a flier on him with a 7th though and just hope the time was a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom