President Trump Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And oh by the way... the FBI has had Hunter's laptop since at least 2019. There's all kinds of evidence of Joe -- not just Hunter -- doing very wrong things on there.
Oh, those shady bastards are absolutely guilty of wrongdoing, especially his little shithead son.

No way they get investigated unless a Republican wins the next election.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You know really, if he had turned the documents over when they first requested them we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Fact is, he kept them. Biden and Pence, for however they did get them, gave them back right away. Whether they've found everything Biden and Pence took has yet to be seen.
And why did Biden give them back? Out of the goodness of his heart because he knew it was wrong to have them, or because officials found them unsecure in his garage?

Do you think he’d have turned them in if they hadn’t found them? Reported it if they went missing?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
And why did Biden give them back?
Because he saw what happened to Trump and wanted to look better in comparison. Of course, just having those documents is a crime in and of itself (whether you cooperate with the Feds or not).

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have no idea. He may have even more for all we know.
Very possible. Which begs the question…. Why are the feds/media not making a big deal about this? Could it be because ~gasp~ he’s a democrat?

Yet Trump is vilified with 24/7 coverage with the same thing. There’s that double standard again… whoops.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yet Trump is vilified with 24/7 coverage with the same thing. There’s that double standard again… whoops.
My point all along.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
My point all along.
Yep. I am not a Trump guy. But this bullshit double standard makes me want to defend him even more.

Level the playing field, treating everyone the same, and if he’s FAIRLY found guilty, I’ll happily stand there roasting marshmallows as he burns to the ground.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Do you think we would still be talking about Trump having those documents if he had returned them when they asked for them in May of 2021? I don't remember anything being made public about those documents/materials being missing, so it's not like he was being publicly shamed for taking them.

Cotton

Staff member
Do you think we would still be talking about Trump having those documents if he had returned them when they asked for them in May of 2021? I don't remember anything being made public about those documents/materials being missing, so it's not like he was being publicly shamed for taking them.
I don't remember them asking for them. Maybe I missed it?

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
That's because they didn't do it publicly. Hence, if he had turned everything over that he had no business having as a private citizen, we probably wouldn't be talking about this now.

Instead he refuses, and when it finally comes out after the Mara Lago search warrant is served, he doubles down saying he had every right to take the stuff. Did he expect the government to just throw up their hands and walk away when he refused?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That's because they didn't do it publicly. Hence, if he had turned everything over that he had no business having as a private citizen, we probably wouldn't be talking about this now.

Instead he refuses, and when it finally comes out after the Mara Lago search warrant is served, he doubles down saying he had every right to take the stuff. Did he expect the government to just throw up their hands and walk away when he refused?
I freely admit, that was wrong of him.

But if two guys rob a bank, and one tries to escape then denies wrongdoing, while the other just throws up their hands and gives the money back, do you only prosecute the first guy for robbing the bank?

Extreme example, I know. But still the same fucking thing. They’re both equally wrong in the eyes of the law.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Do we have a citation about him refusing to turn over whatever they asked him for? Because I'd heard the opposite.

What about the time a month or so before the raid where they asked him to hold some documents more securely, they put a new lock on the locker/shed/whatever, and they called it good?

Cotton

Staff member

This is what lawyers call conjecture.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
This was brought up at the very beginning of his first term.

I have a clearance. If I, or anyone else had shown the propensity to be as careless and cavalier with the information he STOLE we would have that clearance revoked, never to get it back, so your point that he's already had the clearance doesn't matter.
But the dumbass in chief currently, has done the EXACT same shit, and has been doing it for years. Does his shit get revoked right this minute?
EDIT: shoulda kept reading before I responded. NEVERMIND.

Top Bottom