President Trump Thread...

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Do you think he will be, though? Of course he won't be, just like Hilary and Holder among many others weren't.

Don't you see a huge problem with that?
I do have a BIG problem with that. I have a problem with anyone who thinks they are above the law. I am eager for the first shoe to drop, (Hunter Biden).

I also have a problem with Trump making it his personal goal to destroy every institution that is investigating him. I do happen to think he will be less about improving the country and more about taking out his revenge on every entity he thinks has wronged him. Whether he is successful or not is beside the point because I feel like that will be his focus.

I understand that. But you can dislike Trump while also recognizing that he's being treated totally differently than anyone else.
I'm not asking for him to be treated differently. As a matter of fact, you can say that HE is asking to be treated differently simply because he's running for office again.

And that's not because he's a unique monster, but because he threatens the out of control bureaucracy.
This country's bureaucracy does need to be revamped, yes. Many institutions other than just the DOJ, etc. Why isn't he railing against the FDA? What about HHS? Because they aren't "after him", but they need just as much rework as any other department. They may get an obscure mention at one of his rallies but nothing more than that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So you don't think he's guilty of ANYTHING?
How do we know? There hasn't even been a trial, no evidence presented, nothing.

In reality, I'm sure you can find something he's done wrong, because almost everyone has done something wrong.

It's like a highway patrolman who sits there in a 75 watching people go 79, 79, 78, 81, then stops a black guy going 77. Was he speeding? Did he break the law? Yes. But there wasn't equal application of the law. That's the problem.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why am I not surprised that you automatically assume that he is?
I don't automatically assume it.

But I believe where there's smoke, there's gotta be some fire -- and in his case there's a lot of smoke.

Couple that with his history for doing stupid shit and it's not out of the realm of possibility that he's guilty of some wrongdoing here.

I'll wait on see how things unfold, but to blindly take a stance on either his innocence or his guilt is ignorant.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
And who created all of that smoke?
You are buying into his victim mentality. No one has ever whined more. If you ask him, there's not much difference between him and the Almighty, when in actuality there's not much difference between him and Jack Texiera at a minimum. Both should be investigated and treated the same. Agree?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
But I believe where there's smoke, there's gotta be some fire -- and in his case there's a lot of smoke.
I remember before I started paying closer attention to politics, I thought there had to be something to Russiagate on this exact theory.

Turns out Russiagate was a total lie concocted by Hilary and the DNC and relentlessly sold by the complicity media.

That's the problem with lies like this. If something legitimate does come along, you've already ruined your credibility.

And oh by the way... the FBI has had Hunter's laptop since at least 2019. There's all kinds of evidence of Joe -- not just Hunter -- doing very wrong things on there.

It's not our fault that they shredded their own credibility.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You are buying into his victim mentality. No one has ever whined more. If you ask him, there's not much difference between him and the Almighty, when in actuality there's not much difference between him and Jack Texiera at a minimum. Both should be investigated and treated the same. Agree?
The two are not comparable in the least. First, one was a president and one wasn't. Presidents can declassify documents. Second, they have tried to railroad Trump since the day he was elected. Twice impeached. Twice indicted. First time a former president has ever had to deal with that. Like Choco was saying, if you dig deep enough you will find something on anyone, and they have been trying for years because they are scared to death of him. Both sides.

Oh, and what about the whole Biden stuff? Known to have taken a bribe. His botched withdrawal from Afghanistan. He has way more reasons to be impeached than Trump ever had. But, guess what? He was will never be indicted even once. See the difference?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We'll just agree to disagree on this.
There is nothing to agree or disagree on. He has not been proven guilty or innocent. But, Pence and Biden both had the same type documents in their possession and there are no indictments for them. Why not? I'm seriously asking that question. Why not?

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Same with you Choco, NoDak, and the rest of you. I'm not under any illusion that I'm going to change anyone's mind here.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
There is nothing to agree or disagree on. He has not been proven guilty or innocent. But, Pence and Biden both had the same type documents in their possession and there are no indictments for them. Why not? I'm seriously asking that question. Why not?
You know really, if he had turned the documents over when they first requested them we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Fact is, he kept them. Biden and Pence, for however they did get them, gave them back right away. Whether they've found everything Biden and Pence took has yet to be seen.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Same with you Choco, NoDak, and the rest of you. I'm not under any illusion that I'm going to change anyone's mind here.
I don't see that you have even tried. You just regurgitate the Dem talking points that Trump is a Hitler/Mussolini and general Doodyhead.

And I'll say it again, I'm not even a Trump Guy. We have a few of those here and I'm not one of them. But I can recognize unequal treatment when I see it, and that's wrong. It's fundamentally un-American.

Top Bottom