President Trump Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
These people are throwing shit at the wall and hoping people are dumb enough to believe it. And let me tell you, judging by the YouTube comments, people are fucking dumb.
yes they are and getting dumber by the minute

emotions first!

Logic?

Nah, fuck that shit!

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’m wondering how close campaigns monitor social media to see how they’re actually doing.

All we heard about in 2016 was the hidden Trump voter. Turned out to be correct, especially where it mattered.

I spend way too much time on YouTube, watching podcasts, both liberal and conservative.

Being that I spend that time watching political content, I get plastered with MSNBC, CNN, and CBS content.

Sometimes I read the comment sections because, unfortunately, the internet is where most people feel comfortable expressing their true beliefs.

If I had to make a guess just based on what I read in comment sections, I’d have to guess that Trump wins in a land slide. It seems like even based on likes and dislikes, it’s usually a 60/40 split in Trump’s direction.

Anyhow, I wonder if campaigns use that as info to build off of. Polls were so woefully off in 2016, and from what’s been reported, polling companies don’t really know how to fix their models.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I’m wondering how close campaigns monitor social media to see how they’re actually doing.

All we heard about in 2016 was the hidden Trump voter. Turned out to be correct, especially where it mattered.

I spend way too much time on YouTube, watching podcasts, both liberal and conservative.

Being that I spend that time watching political content, I get plastered with MSNBC, CNN, and CBS content.

Sometimes I read the comment sections because, unfortunately, the internet is where most people feel comfortable expressing their true beliefs.

If I had to make a guess just based on what I read in comment sections, I’d have to guess that Trump wins in a land slide. It seems like even based on likes and dislikes, it’s usually a 60/40 split in Trump’s direction.

Anyhow, I wonder if campaigns use that as info to build off of. Polls were so woefully off in 2016, and from what’s been reported, polling companies don’t really know how to fix their models.
if I made the same observation based on Facebook comments & threads, my conclusion would be that Biden would receive 90% of the votes

Having said that, I think what was true back then has to be even truer today given how the violence, vandalism, etc was (& is being) handled in the name of protests coupled with a cancel culture, the fear of being branded racist combined, will send a lot of voters underground who don't have the time or energy to engage these yahoos but are chomping at the bit to say "fuck you!" with their vote.

I also think Trump haters are far more vocal and passionate and its sport for them to express their endless rage. Reminds me of how Cowboy fans talk about the Eagles

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Just got done listening to Tim Pool do a short podcast about ad buys.

As I was YouTube surfing last night and most of the day yesterday, I found it odd that literally every ad at the top of the page was a trump campaign ad. I thought it was a glitch.

Nope. Turns out the Dems changed their convention date weeks back and didn’t remember to buy the space. Instead, the Trump re-election campaign bought like $10million in plastered ad space where they control the top of YouTube ads for the entire 4 days of the convention. They also own ad space on Hulu durning the convention that is uninterrupted and not skip-able.

Playing to win, and doing a damn fine job in the process.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
if I made the same observation based on Facebook comments & threads, my conclusion would be that Biden would receive 90% of the votes

Having said that, I think what was true back then has to be even truer today given how the violence, vandalism, etc was (& is being) handled in the name of protests coupled with a cancel culture, the fear of being branded racist combined, will send a lot of voters underground who don't have the time or energy to engage these yahoos but are chomping at the bit to say "fuck you!" with their vote.

I also think Trump haters are far more vocal and passionate and its sport for them to express their endless rage. Reminds me of how Cowboy fans talk about the Eagles
Facebook isn’t going to tell you what you need to know.

It’s the anonymous spaces on the internet. Facebook is not a place where you can avoid being cancelled for speaking your mind. Your name and picture is attached to your posts.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Facebook isn’t going to tell you what you need to know.

It’s the anonymous spaces on the internet. Facebook is not a place where you can avoid being cancelled for speaking your mind. Your name and picture is attached to your posts.
I agree, I was being facetious. IMHO, Youtube comments are similar in nature thus why I brought up Facebook

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just got done listening to Tim Pool do a short podcast about ad buys.

As I was YouTube surfing last night and most of the day yesterday, I found it odd that literally every ad at the top of the page was a trump campaign ad. I thought it was a glitch.

Nope. Turns out the Dems changed their convention date weeks back and didn’t remember to buy the space. Instead, the Trump re-election campaign bought like $10million in plastered ad space where they control the top of YouTube ads for the entire 4 days of the convention. They also own ad space on Hulu durning the convention that is uninterrupted and not skip-able.

Playing to win, and doing a damn fine job in the process.
That is greatness. :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

The next time Dems back up the armed services will be the first.

Ffs there's a reason 70%+ of the services vote R

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I can't believe the media isn't all over this. This is fucking HISTORIC. Getting Arabs and Jews together to sign a peace deal in the Middle East? If anybody else had been in office and helped broker this deal, they would be handing out awards. Naming shit after him. Declaring him a miracle worker.

But, since it was Donald Trump? Eh. Fuck him. Nothing to see here, folks... Move along.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I can't believe the media isn't all over this. This is fucking HISTORIC. Getting Arabs and Jews together to sign a peace deal in the Middle East? If anybody else had been in office and helped broker this deal, they would be handing out awards. Naming shit after him. Declaring him a miracle worker.

But, since it was Donald Trump? Eh. Fuck him. Nothing to see here, folks... Move along.

It goes to show you just how dug in the media is.

The media needs to be cancelled after this election. They shouldn’t be allowed to spin and shape the “news” however they see fit. Report the news, let people decide for themselves what is good or bad.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
There are plenty of reasons to vote to keep Trump in the white house, and the economy is top of the list.
Here in Texas there are a crap ton of companies coming here and bringing new jobs constantly, whereas I don't remember it being nearly this hot under Obama.
And with the absolute hate for law enforcement, blatant love for lawlessness, and discrimination against churches and those with dissenting (non-leftist) opinions from the intolerant, "tolerant" democrats, he had better win.
Doesn't mean I don't wish he'd shut his flap sometimes, but he's got my support.

Cotton

Staff member
I love how there is now a narrative that Trump has done poorly with the economy. As though he did something to make it worse even though it was booming at unbelievable levels before the virus amd shutdowns hit.
It's all they have. But, what they can't hide is the fact that not only was it booming before, but is rebounding very quickly. In spite of the fact that so many people lost their jobs and businesses. It would never rebound this quickly had it not been in extremely good shape before.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What kills me is how they blame the downturn on him.

But that only happened because of the shutdowns, which they apparently claim they'd have enforced stronger. ("He wasn't strong enough on the virus!!!") So the economy would be even worse under them.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
What kills me is how they blame the downturn on him.

But that only happened because of the shutdowns, which they apparently claim they'd have enforced stronger. ("He wasn't strong enough on the virus!!!") So the economy would be even worse under them.
Blaming the downturn on him is one thing, blaming him for 160,000 deaths is a whole other thing.

I haven’t seen even his press secretary defend the death toll.

1. Nobody knows how many covid deaths are legit. I’d be surprised if it’s over 50,000. I highly doubt it.

2. Experts came out early and said “if drastic measures aren’t undertaken, 1,000,000-2,000,000 Americans will die.”. Uh, we’re at a fraction of that if you believe the numbers being reported. I’d guess some drastic measures were taken, wouldn’t you?

3. You can’t have it both ways, Trump either has or doesn’t have jurisdiction over states to make unilateral moves to limit basic freedoms. I’ve seen democrats make arguments both ways over the last few months. Somehow he’s responsible for deaths because he hasn’t done things governors or mayors are in charge of, but then when he makes a comment about having the power to do shit ok state levels, they call him a dictator.

If the administration has done a bad job with anything covid related, it’s that they’ve allowed the media to shape the narrative.

Cotton

Staff member
Blaming the downturn on him is one thing, blaming him for 160,000 deaths is a whole other thing.

I haven’t seen even his press secretary defend the death toll.

1. Nobody knows how many covid deaths are legit. I’d be surprised if it’s over 50,000. I highly doubt it.

2. Experts came out early and said “if drastic measures aren’t undertaken, 1,000,000-2,000,000 Americans will die.”. Uh, we’re at a fraction of that if you believe the numbers being reported. I’d guess some drastic measures were taken, wouldn’t you?

3. You can’t have it both ways, Trump either has or doesn’t have jurisdiction over states to make unilateral moves to limit basic freedoms. I’ve seen democrats make arguments both ways over the last few months. Somehow he’s responsible for deaths because he hasn’t done things governors or mayors are in charge of, but then when he makes a comment about having the power to do shit ok state levels, they call him a dictator.

If the administration has done a bad job with anything covid related, it’s that they’ve allowed the media to shape the narrative.
You still not voting?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's all they have. But, what they can't hide is the fact that not only was it booming before, but is rebounding very quickly. In spite of the fact that so many people lost their jobs and businesses. It would never rebound this quickly had it not been in extremely good shape before.
It is so hysterically amusing how some of the Democrats can allow a lie to roll out of them and deliver it as if it is truth while knowing they are so lying. They don’t mind at all if those they are addressing knows they are lying. It is the most desperate attempt to prop up a complete failure as I have ever seen and there are those who hear it and knows it is a lie but still will agree with the speaker. A very pathetic exercise but a true picture desperate people.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Maybe, but how do you stop them? They've proven they care nothing about actual facts and they'll blatantly lie to make him look bad.

But yeah, the "160k deaths are on his head!" is absurd. I guess we were supposed to have zero deaths? How do they think that could happen when it hasn't happened anywhere else? Especially with the way Cuomo and other governors have carried on.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
You still not voting?
It’ll depend on the Durham report largely. I’ve just about lost faith in all government.

Show me something. Anything that resembles pushback on corrupt government. And not some dweeb that nobody believes went rouge all by himself.

Top Bottom