President Trump Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yes, those alt-right groups burning down cities, tearing down statues, setting up autonomous zones, and blocking(breaking windows of) traffic are a real problem :/
Were it not for Charlottesville, Antifa would be obscure just like they were before.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Frankly nearly the only times I hear people saying overtly racist things, it's old white men. Hell, I remember my grandparents saying things my parents would never say. Times have changed. Had an old white patient a few weeks ago tell me he was a young man he would be out shooting "n#!@#" if they tried to loot in Dallas. Embarrassing...

As for Trump, he's said a ton of racist shit about Muslims, black people, Hispanics over the years. It's all been well documented and I don't really want to argue specifics because it's tiresome.

According in an AP poll, fifty-seven percent of all adults, including more than 8 in 10 blacks, three-quarters of Hispanics and nearly half of whites, said they think Trump is racist. Eighty-five percent of Democrats consider Trump racist, but just 21 percent of Republicans agree.
So stereotyping is the methodology for this rationale. Isn’t that the very same thing that inflames the black community? Everyone is the same because of the negative connotations of some. Is that a rational way to conclude something from any perspective ? It’s as bias as you can get and to use it as proof of anything is the true display hypocritical.

As for the belief about Trump, first let him display something of bias before you accept a poll as evidence otherwise it’s just a self ordained acceptance of what one wants to believe.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
So stereotyping is the methodology for this rationale. Isn’t that the very same thing that inflames the black community? Everyone is the same because of the negative connotations of some. Is that a rational way to conclude something from any perspective ? It’s as bias as you can get and to use it as proof of anything is the true display hypocritical.

As for the belief about Trump, first let him display something of bias before you accept a poll as evidence otherwise it’s just a self ordained acceptance of what one wants to believe.
Nice try. You asked why old white men get accused of racism and I said generally it's because they are the ones saying overtly racist things, at least in my experience. I'm guessing your experience is similar but I suspect you aren't going to be honest enough to admit that. I didn't say all old white men are racist and I don't think that. But this cat, you gonna defend that???

Then you swing around and say we need to wait for Trump to say something racist until we label him a racist. Well that shipped has sailed. I guess the real question is why his supporters are able to look past the plethora of examples and write it off to political correctness, or slip of the tongue, or blame Anderson Cooper. The groups he had targeted don't share their illusions.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess his countless instances of xenophobic behavior don't count as displays of bias?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nice try. You asked why old white men get accused of racism and I said generally it's because they are the ones saying overtly racist things, at least in my experience. I'm guessing your experience is similar but I suspect you aren't going to be honest enough to admit that. I didn't say all old white men are racist and I don't think that. But this cat, you gonna defend that???

Then you swing around and say we need to wait for Trump to say something racist until we label him a racist. Well that shipped has sailed. I guess the real question is why his supporters are able to look past the plethora of examples and write it off to political correctness, or slip of the tongue, or blame Anderson Cooper. The groups he had targeted don't share their illusions.
You have never met me and you have determined that I fit into a group that you have already picked for me to fit. Some things about me are that I spent my teen years in California schools that are as diverse as you can get for student exposure. I spent a tour in the military where the racial mixes are commonplace. I spent several years in at a federal agency where most educational processes for racial and social behaviors are taught and I taught some as well until I retired.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I guess his countless instances of xenophobic behavior don't count as displays of bias?
It might if you would be specific but your statement is just a generality that anyone can throw out for banter. It’s just another statement without anything meaningful to substantiate it.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
You have never met me and you have determined that I fit into a group that you have already picked for me to fit. Some things about me are that I spent my teen years in California schools that are as diverse as you can get for student exposure. I spent a tour in the military where the racial mixes are commonplace. I spent several years in at a federal agency where most educational processes for racial and social behaviors are taught and I taught some as well until I retired.
So growing up, you knew no old white people who were kind of racist? That's what you're tell me? I call bullshit. But hey, maybe California is a generation better than Texas. Maybe so...

Sheik

DCC 4Life
So growing up, you knew no old white people who were kind of racist? That's what you're tell me? I call bullshit. But hey, maybe California is a generation better than Texas. Maybe so...
California is absolutely a generation or two ahead of some parts of the country.

The most racist thing I’ve personally seen was a several different instances of kids calling a black kid the N word, and I also knew of a guy that hated Blacks, or at least that was the rumor.

My brother in law’s mother married a black man when his dad and mom split up. They lived in Vegas until about the 4th grade. He’s 39 now. They moved to Louisiana and his black stepdad dropped him off his first day of school, didn’t warn him, didn’t explain to him that there might be questions by other kids.

My brother in law told me a group of white kids cornered him in class and asked who dropped him off. They asked it it was “the help?”, to which he recalled kinda being confused and replied “no, that’s my dad.”

Those kids had the audacity to tell him his mother was a no good N lover. He was blown away, upset, angry. Said he had never in the 4-5 years he’d been in that mixed family, never been in that situation where he could feel the hate just radiating from the situation.

It blew me away. We were smoking a koint and I asked him how his dad viewed all this stuff going on. He laid that story on me and just kinda rocked my world.

Kind of made me realize how sheltered I’ve been when it comes to that shit. I’ve heard jokes, I’ve heard about the supposed racist, but I’ve never witnessed someone just rail on someone like that and try to hurt that person in a race related manner.

So yeah, I think California(which is the state I’ve always lived in) is at least 40ish years removed from that type of shit and maybe more.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
California is absolutely a generation or two ahead of some parts of the country.

The most racist thing I’ve personally seen was a several different instances of kids calling a black kid the N word, and I also knew of a guy that hated Blacks, or at least that was the rumor.

My brother in law’s mother married a black man when his dad and mom split up. They lived in Vegas until about the 4th grade. He’s 39 now. They moved to Louisiana and his black stepdad dropped him off his first day of school, didn’t warn him, didn’t explain to him that there might be questions by other kids.

My brother in law told me a group of white kids cornered him in class and asked who dropped him off. They asked it it was “the help?”, to which he recalled kinda being confused and replied “no, that’s my dad.”

Those kids had the audacity to tell him his mother was a no good N lover. He was blown away, upset, angry. Said he had never in the 4-5 years he’d been in that mixed family, never been in that situation where he could feel the hate just radiating from the situation.

It blew me away. We were smoking a koint and I asked him how his dad viewed all this stuff going on. He laid that story on me and just kinda rocked my world.

Kind of made me realize how sheltered I’ve been when it comes to that shit. I’ve heard jokes, I’ve heard about the supposed racist, but I’ve never witnessed someone just rail on someone like that and try to hurt that person in a race related manner.

So yeah, I think California(which is the state I’ve always lived in) is at least 40ish years removed from that type of shit and maybe more.

I've lived in Texas all my life and never witnessed it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Growing up, I saw old white racists.

I also saw old black racists. Old indian racists. Old asian racists. Etc...

Top Bottom