President Biden thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
this is one of those tweets that would get on my nerves if it was talking about the other side, he did not say:

"all Latinos are illegal aliens"

and while he's playing to the extremes as politicians ore prone to do, its not a stretch to suggest there are people who fall under the category of latinx (is that a new term the word police have come up with?) but are here illegally and concerned about being deported

Biden says enough dumb shit, they don't have to put words in his mouth

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
this is one of those tweets that would get on my nerves if it was taking about the other side, he did not say:

"all Latinos are illegal aliens"

and while he's playing to the extremes as politicians ore prone to do, its not a stretch to suggest there are people who fall under the category of latinx (is that a new term the word police have come up with?) but are here illegally and concerned about being deported

Biden says enough dumb shit, they don't have to put words in his mouth
He said a latino is afraid to get the vax because they'd then be deported.

Why would they be deported if they were a citizen of this country?

So, yeah. What he said was stupid as hell, and implies they are all illegal. Just because those were not his exact words means little. But, whatever. There will be no questioning it from the media or anybody of consequence. If anybody with an R by their name had said these same words, in the same exact context they would be getting raked over the coals. And this is not even arguable.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

So, yeah. What he said was stupid as hell, and implies they are all illegal. Just because those were not his exact words means little. But, whatever. There will be no questioning it from the media or anybody of consequence. If anybody with an R by their name had said these same words, in the same exact context they would be getting raked over the coals. And this is not even arguable.
This is like when Biden said poor kids are just as smart as white kids and partisans excused it. He's a fucking racist bully and always has been

yimyammer

shitless classpainter

he didn't say the words in quotes below, thats my point:

1624593566760.jpeg

as I said, he says enough dumb shit, just use that, dont misquote him or anyone, I hate that shit

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

View attachment 691368

as I said, he says enough dumb shit, just use that, dont misquote him or anyone, I hate that shit
I didn't take that as them saying that he actually said those words. Only as pointing out WHAT he was saying. Especially considering they posted his actual quote and the video to prove it right below it. If they were trying to pass that off as an actual quote, it seems strange they'd post the contradiction right along with it, no?

Either way, I don't really care. Nothing will come of it anyway. Hell, at the very least this should be fodder for the late night hosts and Saturday Night Live. But this has already been forgotten. I can almost guarantee it.

Cotton

Staff member

View attachment 691368

Do you not remember what the media did to Trump? Trump wouldn't have even had to get close to saying what just came out of Biden's mouth for them them to immediately decry "TRUMP HATES ALL LATINO PEOPLE AND WANTS THEM DEPORTED!!!!". Biden actually did imply what is said in that quote, but like NoDak said, nothing will come of it.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Do you not remember what the media did to Trump? Trump wouldn't have even had to get close to saying what just came out of Biden's mouth for them them to immediately decry "TRUMP HATES ALL LATINO PEOPLE AND WANTS THEM DEPORTED!!!!". Biden actually did imply what is said in that quote, but like NoDak said, nothing will come of it.
YES, thats my damn point, I dont want it done at all!

I know this is wishful thinking but I want people to argue actual facts not BS like you referenced and then resort to using the same shitty, dishonest tactics

I support banging the gong of truth relentlessly in an intellectually honest manner so people are forced to deny facts versus distracting from the point being made by allowing others to easily prove what someone claimed was a quote, clearly wasn't.

I abhor it from all sides, facts prevail in the long run and I can live with always siding with facts/evidence/reason in spite of an angry mob who wants to do otherwise

We can all do this, be better, demand better..don't resort to the same BS simply because the side you oppose plays these games

thats my point but I suppose I'm alone in the wilderness with this radical concept

Cotton

Staff member
YES, thats my damn point, I dont want it done at all!

I know this is wishful thinking but I want people to argue actual facts not BS like you referenced and then resort to using the same shitty, dishonest tactics

I support banging the gong of truth relentlessly in an intellectually honest manner so people are forced to deny facts versus distracting from the point being made by allowing others to easily prove what someone claimed was a quote, clearly wasn't.

I abhor it from all sides, facts prevail in the long run and I can live with always siding with facts/evidence/reason in spite of an angry mob who wants to do otherwise

We can all do this, be better, demand better..don't resort to the same BS simply because the side you oppose plays these games

thats my point but I suppose I'm alone in the wilderness with this radical concept
But, the point is, what Biden said is what is in that quote. Just because he didn't say it word for word doesn't mean he didn't say it. You can say he implied if you like, but he essentially lumped all Latinos into one group that can be deported and that's not true.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
But, the point is, what Biden said is what is in that quote. Just because he didn't say it word for word doesn't mean he didn't say it. You can say he implied if you like, but he essentially lumped all Latinos into one group that can be deported and that's not true.
Its nuance interpreted through ones bias against him (or Trump when applied to him), it could easily be interpreted he was only referring to those who are here illegally but this is what happens when folks tribe up

He did not state the exact words quoted in the tweet and to say otherwise is factually incorrect and what I object to

Cotton

Staff member
Its nuance interpreted through ones bias against him (or Trump when applied to him), it could easily be interpreted he was only referring to those who are here illegally but this is what happens when folks tribe up

He did not state the exact words quoted in the tweet and to say otherwise is factually incorrect and what I object to
Of course he didn't say the exact words, but there is this thing called implication and he was very obviously (to me) implying he thinks all Latino people can be deported. I mean why say what he said if not? Why would he be talking just about illegals? If he didn't have such a racist past, maybe I would have heard it differently, but he does. A very racist past.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Of course he didn't say the exact words, but there is this thing called implication and he was very obviously (to me) implying he thinks all Latino people can be deported. I mean why say what he said if not? Why would he be talking just about illegals? If he didn't have such a racist past, maybe I would have heard it differently, but he does. A very racist past.
Because he's a borderline senile idiot who cant seem to string together coherent sentences on a consistent basis but the minute he says something that can be interpreted in the most extreme way for attack, then his adversaries conveniently believe he's suddenly become the master of his words and the worst possible conclusions should be drawn.

You're interpreting what he said in the worst possible conclusion because you dont like him (I dont either) & you're preconceptions that he is a racist just like everyone did with Trump but now you're ok with these tactics because he's not on your team and like many, have adopted the mindset of what was good for the goose is now good for the gander. I think we all should rise above this divisive way of thinking but as I said, I realize this is wishful thinking on my part but will continue this stance nonetheless. However, if he clarified or eventually clarifies that he did in fact mean every single "LatinX" In the US, then I'll say touché to all that disagree with me

I believe that if a follow up question had been asked (and this should be where the criticism lies in that the media sucks and to my knowledge didn't jump on him for his statement in order to give him a chance to confirm your conclusions or clarify what he really meant), I guarantee-fucking-tee you, he would have said something to the effect that of course he's not referring to all latinX (or hispanics or whatever the term of the day is) and probably gone off on one of his tough guy rants on the reporter who had the "audacity" to clarify what he really meant

Cotton

Staff member
Because he's a borderline senile idiot who cant seem to string together coherent sentences on a consistent basis but the minute he says something that can be interpreted in the most extreme way for attack, then his adversaries conveniently believe he's suddenly become the master of his words and the worst possible conclusions should be drawn.

You're interpreting what he said in the worst possible conclusion because you dont like him (I dont either) & you're preconceptions that he is a racist just like everyone did with Trump but now you're ok with these tactics because he's not on your team and like many, have adopted the mindset of what was good for the goose is now good for the gander. I think we all should rise above this divisive way of thinking but as I said, I realize this is wishful thinking on my part but will continue this stance nonetheless. However, if he clarified or eventually clarifies that he did in fact mean every single "LatinX" In the US, then I'll say touché to all that disagree with me

I believe that if a follow up question had been asked (and this should be where the criticism lies in that the media sucks and to my knowledge didn't jump on him for his statement in order to give him a chance to confirm your conclusions or clarify what he really meant), I guarantee-fucking-tee you, he would have said something to the effect that of course he's not referring to all latinX (or hispanics or whatever the term of the day is) and probably gone off on one of his tough guy rants on the reporter who had the "audacity" to clarify what he really meant
I don’t have to presume he is a racist. His racist past is well documented. Hell, he spoke at Robert Byrd’s funeral, ffs.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don’t have to presume he is a racist. His racist past is well documented. Hell, he spoke at Robert Byrd’s funeral, ffs.
Look up how he treated Clarence Thomas at his confirmation

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
he might be but he didn’t say what was quoted

rage on…

Top Bottom