President Biden thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I dont have a problem with this in and of itself

If he's reformed, no longer banging and has something to bring to the table in terms of how to deal with gangs, etc, then I think he would be more qualified than likely any of us posting here. Don't we want people to leave gangs and seek a better, peaceful life?

If however he is still gang banging and committing crimes and has insane policy ideas, then of course this would be a problem but I think thats what needs to be attacked and not necessarily the man

this strikes as one of those provocative headlines meant to enrage

reading the article, this guy sounds pretty interesting, he obtained a college degree while in prison and:

While in the program himself, Tatro was part of a three-inmate debate team from the Eastern New York Correctional Facility in the Catskills that famously defeated the Harvard undergraduate debate team, earning national headlines.
I'm happy to see a guy change his life trajectory and we definitely need this as a society considering our prisons are too full and ridiculously expensive per inmate (I've hear 60K+ per inmate which is more than what most people make per year).

I don't know what his policies are but it seems reasonable to have someone who has been in prison and apparently reformed, offer guidance on how to improve and change the system but please chime in if this is an unreasonable position to hold

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I dont have a problem with this in and of itself

If he's reformed, no longer banging and has something to bring to the table in terms of how to deal with gangs, etc, then I think he would be more qualified than likely any of us posting here. Don't we want people to leave gangs and seek a better, peaceful life?

If however he is still gang banging and committing crimes and has insane policy ideas, then of course this would be a problem but I think thats what needs to be stacked and not necessarily the man

this strikes as one of those provocative headlines meant to enrage

reading the article, this guy sounds pretty interesting, he obtained a college degree while in prison and:

I'm happy to see a guy change his life trajectory and we definitely need this as a society considering our prisons are too full and ridiculously expensive per inmate (I've hear 60K+ per inmate which is more than what most people make per year).

I don't know what his policies are but it seems reasonable to have someone who has been in prison and apparently reformed, offer guidance on how to improve and change the system but please chime in if this is an unreasonable position to hold
I guess we will see how he does. I'm a big fan of people turning their lives around, too. From a personal perspective, I have been neck deep in the drugs before and pulled myself out of it, so feel good stories resonate with me.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I guess we will see how he does. I'm a big fan of people turning their lives around, too. From a personal perspective, I have been neck deep in the drugs before and pulled myself out of it, so feel good stories resonate with me.
fingers crossed but its going to be for him to keep politics turning him into an idiot, hope and pray he'll be a breath of fresh air

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That is seriously one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard a president say. They are killing Uighurs and raping their women to systematically exterminate them and Joe Biden says he won't speak out against them.

It's one thing to say we totally condemn this but we can't actually force them to change inside their own borders, or something similar. But to practically endorse what they're doing because "culturally there are different norms in each country?"

Absolutely gutless and despicable.

Cotton

Staff member
That is seriously one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard a president say. They are killing Uighurs and raping their women to systematically exterminate them and Joe Biden says he won't speak out against them.

It's one thing to say we totally condemn this but we can't actually force them to change inside their own borders, or something similar. But to practically endorse what they're doing because "culturally there are different norms in each country?"

Absolutely gutless and despicable.
And, the media will not even once call him on it. They are complicit.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Yes, he really said it.

Cotton

Staff member
Would love to know why we pay a fucking fortune to this bullshit while the other countries pay a small fraction of what we do. It's a fucking scam is what it is.
These globalists believe we are all one people and that's how they rationalize it. What they don't realize is that we have grave issues here in our own country we should tackle first before sending pallets of money to things like the WHO and the Paris Climate Accord.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
$1,200 for someone out of work for months; $200M for the WHO. Sounds about right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
These globalists believe we are all one people and that's how they rationalize it. What they don't realize is that we have grave issues here in our own country we should tackle first before sending pallets of money to things like the WHO and the Paris Climate Accord.
Take care of others before you take care of yourself. One of the dumbest things you can do. In the end you won't be able to help others if you don't take care of your own first.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Biden is buying “friends” but he isn’t getting friends . Instead he is getting duped into thinking the US government is responsible to deal with the worlds problems via Uncle Sams Purse strings. He is so out of touch with reality that it is hopeless to hope the country will get better. He is the epitome of why career politicians should never be placed in an Executive position. They simply are not Executive materiel.

Top Bottom