President Biden thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I’ve not heard a single one bring up the indisputable fact that we don’t have a need for more poor, unskilled people.
labor is a HUGE problem right now and I'd take poor, unskilled labor with a great attitude than the shit attitude I see across the board (its horrific in Dallas, Tx right now). I'm in construction and my hardest working and best laborers have always run about 80% hispanic. I welcome all that want to come here legally if they are like the amazing people I've worked with over the years.

The restaurant industry, despite being crushed by COVID, is having a horrific time finding employees and this is some of the lowest skilled labor there is. I am working on opening a food concept, have worked at restaurants and have spoken with half a dozen operators that are desperate for labor currently and dont know where to look. They're telling me kids dont want to work anymore and that used to be a source for cheap labor to run food concepts. Expect the price of food to go up unless robotics can keep it down somehow

Now dont get it twisted, I'm not advocating for open borders as I want these people to be legal and pay there taxes but it wouldn't hurt the economy of Texas (& probably the other 49 states) to have bigger labor pool to choose from and easier way for the folks that want to work to be able to come here and do so legally.

I have a great worker I had to stop using because it turned out his tax ID number is invalid and held up so I cant pay him legally. He's been married to an American citizen for 7 years but he's still not legal and cant work legally but he's an amazing worker, reliable and a great guy and shouldn't be held up over red tape. I spoke to his attorney a week ago and she said its going to take another year to get him legal, wth?

There's got to be a sweet spot between no immigration and too much and whatever that number is shouldn't be like moving mountains to get done. This country is all immigrants, we need them like they need US but politics as usual is fucking everything up.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
labor is a HUGE problem right now and I'd take poor, unskilled labor with a great attitude than the shit attitude I see across the board (its horrific in Dallas, Tx right now). I'm in construction and my hardest working and best laborers have always run about 80% hispanic. I welcome all that want to come here legally if they are like the amazing people I've worked with over the years.

The restaurant industry, despite being crushed by COVID, is having a horrific time finding employees and this is some of the lowest skilled labor there is. I am working on opening a food concept, have worked at restaurants and have spoken with half a dozen operators that are desperate for labor currently and dont know where to look. They're telling me kids dont want to work anymore and that used to be a source for cheap labor to run food concepts. Expect the price of food to go up unless robotics can keep it down somehow

Now dont get it twisted, I'm not advocating for open borders as I want these people to be legal and pay there taxes but it wouldn't hurt the economy of Texas (& probably the other 49 states) to have bigger labor pool to choose from and easier way for the folks that want to work to be able to come here and do so legally.

I have a great worker I had to stop using because it turned out his tax ID number is invalid and held up so I cant pay him legally. He's been married to an American citizen for 7 years but he's still not legal and cant work legally but he's an amazing worker, reliable and a great guy and shouldn't be held up over red tape. I spoke to his attorney a week ago and she said its going to take another year to get him legal, wth?

There's got to be a sweet spot between no immigration and too much and whatever that number is shouldn't be like moving mountains to get done. This country is all immigrants, we need them like they need US but politics as usual is fucking everything up.
Every action this government takes has a negative reaction.

Nobody wants to go to work because they make a decent living staying at home. It’s exactly what the republicans warned about.

Bringing in low skilled poor people isn’t going to fix anything. We have more than enough here already, they’ve just found a way to game the system is all.

There should be a 10-15 year moratorium on immigration period, imo. Unemployment insurance is going to dry up at some point as it pertains to covid-19. People are going to have to go back to work at some point, but if you allow illegals to come in and take those jobs, you’ve just gone and created a bigger problem where poverty and jobless claims are concerned.

The government doesn’t know how to fix the situation they created, that’s the issue. It’s the only issue.

If there are 25 million jobs legitimately available and waiting to be filled, the moment covid restrictions are lifted, they’d be smart to tell everyone UI benefits will cease in 45 days and everyone will have to reapply and show proof of applications and job interviews in order to regain their UI.

It’s almost like nobody predicted that people would rather stay home and be paid than go back to work when able.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
The government doesn’t know how to fix the situation they created, that’s the issue. It’s the only issue.
no kidding, all they seem to do is exacerbate and/or create problems

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It’s almost like nobody predicted that people would rather stay home and be paid than go back to work when able.
Oh, some of us predicted that, but I do sense your sarcasm.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I only wonder why he has to wear aviators to cover up those tiny eyes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I only wonder why he has to wear aviators to cover up those tiny eyes.
He is like Top Gun ok. Gosh

You have to love all the ohs and ahs like he chose the greatest flavor of ice cream ever. It really is like a child.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
:lol

I got chocolate chocolate chip and I get to stay up until 8:30 tonight. IM SO EXCITED!!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh, some of us predicted that, but I do sense your sarcasm.
Biden is a politician trying to deal with Executive issues. Politicians make terrible Executives because they have no fundamental understanding of how to make a decision based on governing the needs and funding of programs in government that are compatible with economic and growth stabilization.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Real in the economic sense, accounting for inflation. Which is also a lie. Yes, everything is gong up, but not doubling in price like gas has.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Paying less for gas in real terms? WTF does that even mean. Prices are higher, what does real terms mean?
They know they can spout whatever bullshit they want and the media will cover for them

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Real in the economic sense, accounting for inflation. Which is also a lie. Yes, everything is gong up, but not doubling in price like gas has.
Yeah it's not even close even if you take inflation to account. They just throw terms out there to confuse and cloud the truth.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

If you have an accountant you ain't black

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't even understand what he's saying. Does he think black business owners all have to do their own taxes and represent themselves in court? What?

Top Bottom