Preseason Week 4 Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Texans | 08/30/18

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Welp. I've seen enough of Rush.

That was fucking atrocious. Throw it up in a panic. That always works out well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So what guy got flagged? They just said "defensive player".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That Akins kid for the Texans has done well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The whole Cowboy DL was caught flat-footed on the play.

Brian Price in particular. Just stood up got shoved out of the way.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They didn't even name a guy.

It was bullshit.
One of those bullshit personal foul calls is going to help decide a game. I can see it happening with a team like the Giants, Packers, Steelers, or Patriots driving late in the game to either tie or take the lead when they might need a little "help" on 3rd or 4th down.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good Lord. That was a penalty?
Yeah, apparently Lewis trying to pull up and avoid a hit was penalized because he hit the guy too hard? That was just dumb shit. The NFL has literally become, if it looks like a hard hit, it's a penalty.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One of those bullshit personal foul calls is going to help decide a game. I can see it happening with a team like the Giants, Packers, Steelers, or Patriots driving late in the game to either tie or take the lead when they might need a little "help" on 3rd or 4th down.
Hopefully this is the last of the "sending the message" penalties. But I swear, they are taking any and all aggression towards the ball out of the game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So do I just assume Deonte Thompson is on the roster? I mean with all the WR's on the roster why did we start with our seventh and 8th guys on the depth chart. Just sad.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Forgot about the game until now, was watching Okie State beat up on some Missouri directional school. Is anyone of note even playing?

I did see a couple plays of Rush looking like crap. They have to pick someone up at waivers, right?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hopefully this is the last of the "sending the message" penalties. But I swear, they are taking any and all aggression towards the ball out of the game.
No doubt. Not only is the very real danger of a phantom flag flying in out of nowhere, but the DBs are going to be tentative, fearing getting called. Which will lead to more long completions.

Sometimes I go watch clips on youtube of games from the 70's and 80's and just shake my head. Like night and day. Back when you had enforcers patrolling your secondary. Guys like Ronnie Lott, Lester Hayes, Steve Atwater, etc... WRs were always looking around to make sure they weren't going to be decapitated. Hearing footsteps meant something. Now? If a defender gets too close, they immediately start crying for a flag. It's sad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forgot about the game until now, was watching Okie State beat up on some Missouri directional school. Is anyone of note even playing?

I did see a couple plays of Rush looking like crap. They have to pick someone up at waivers, right?
I'd rather see White.

But yeah crazy how the guy has regressed. He could do no wrong last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Whoa. Tapper actually made a play.

And my God...why do they keep Lenoir fielding punts?

He will never do it in a real game. Are they hoping he gets better with practice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whoa. Tapper actually made a play.

And my God...why do they keep Lenoir fielding punts?

He will never do it in a real game. Are they hoping he gets better with practice.
Has Austin even done it in preseason? Just crazy to me.

Top Bottom