Preseason Week 3 Chatter Thread | Cardinals @ Cowboys | 08/23/18

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This must be what La Canfora was referring to...

:lol

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In a horrible game that is really good news. Even once Frederick returns it's really important that we have at least one competent backup G/C.

p1_

DCC 4Life
In a horrible game that is really good news. Even once Frederick returns it's really important that we have at least one competent backup G/C.
against AZ's first team defense.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I think this will become a rare occurrence, this could have been a beauty.

Cotton

Staff member

I think this will become a rare occurrence, this could have been a beauty.
And, he is going against a seasoned pro-bowler. I'm telling you people, he will be our WR1 by year's end.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And, he is going against a seasoned pro-bowler. I'm telling you people, he will be our WR1 by year's end.
One who clearly got there early...

Patrick Peterson should have been flagged for pass interference.

Cotton

Staff member
One who clearly got there early...

Patrick Peterson should have been flagged for pass interference.
Yep. Had his arms wrapped around him well before the ball got there.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I know its early, but I get the feeling we are seeing who was the problem in the effort to establish rapport between Dak and Dez. It feels light years better already.

Cotton

Staff member
I know its early, but I get the feeling we are seeing who was the problem in the effort to establish rapport between Dak and Dez. It feels light years better already.
I seem to recall someone saying that Dez was holding the offense back. I wonder who that was.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Could Looney play himself out of Dallas (should he prove to be a capable center)? When is he a FA?

Cotton

Staff member
Could Looney play himself out of Dallas (should he prove to be a capable center)? When is he a FA?
We have already had one OLman get snatched away. It could happen with Looney, too.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, but those competent interior OL backup types can be found. Before Looney we had McKenzie Bernadeau.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
If you could get a quality backup swing tackle, would you trade Joe Thomas?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but those competent interior OL backup types can be found. Before Looney we had McKenzie Bernadeau.
It's the nature of having a bunch of great starters like we do. Some good backup O-lineman will move on for a chance to start.

Cotton

Staff member
If LVE were healthy and had shown something, you bet I would. As it stands, with Lee going down at any minute, I would be reluctant.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, because I don't think any teams are trading away good OT's so I'm already skeptical about how "good" this guy is.

Maybe a guard/center type though.

Now a legit athletic TE who can make plays. I'd be in on.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Here's a better question, can you find a similar 4th/5th round type at (name a position: TE, WR, DT, FS, OL) who is unproven and may be struggling to crack a lineup that you could trade Charles Tapper for?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a better question, can you find a similar 4th/5th round type at (name a position: TE, WR, DT, FS, OL) who is unproven and may be struggling to crack a lineup that you could trade Charles Tapper for?
Especially TE and FS.

Although we could really use a backup interior lineman as well.

Top Bottom