Preseason Week 3 Chatter Thread | Cardinals @ Cowboys | 08/23/18

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, that's what I've noticed, more work shifted to the second and even first week. Wonder if teams want more time to they from possible injury or something. Just look at Dak so far.
It actually would make sense to flip the second and third games. Make the second preseason game your dress rehearsal. Keep the starters warm with a few series in the third week and then rest up. Like you said, that way if a starter does get hurt you have the extra week to recover.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’m hearing Foles has fallen to earth, looking like shit tonight.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

I hate Garrett, but there were two faces presented to me to punch, I would take Schwartz's first.

Now it would be a tough decision.
Do you not have two fists?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The eagles won with coaching as much as anything. I don't think their talent is particularly impressive or anything.

p1_

DCC 4Life

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Foles is what Foles always has been. Not a good QB.
Well then that should settle the long ongoing saga of whether winning a Super Bowl is a requisite for Quarterback identification of greatness. Or conversely a Quarter back can be great with ever having to win a Super Bowl.

No that you have cleared that up we have a new frame of reference to add to our discussions.
:art

p1_

DCC 4Life
Theres a lot more great QBs that never reached or won a Superbowl than there are shitty ones that won one.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Theres a lot more great QBs that never reached or won a Superbowl than there are shitty ones that won one.
Yeah. I was just yanking CRock’s chain.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Foles is what Foles always has been. Not a good QB.
Exactly. He got hot for a few weeks, but now the real Foles is back. Always thought the Eagles were due for a big fall this season, and this is one of the reasons.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Exactly. He got hot for a few weeks, but now the real Foles is back. Always thought the Eagles were due for a big fall this season, and this is one of the reasons.
good, looks like we need some help.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For anyone excited about the game this weekend don't be. Sounds like Sean Lee and Jeff Heath will sit this one out as well. I'm starting to worry this team is going to be rusty as shit for game one of the season.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I agree on Foles. He played over his head during the playoffs, but I don't think the Eagles are due for a big fall this season because Foles is not their regular starter. By the looks of things, Wentz will probably be ready to go sometime during the first month of the season.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm skeptical about these guys coming back from ACLs in well under a year. Other than Adrian Peterson, it seems like it takes most guys a while to get back to being themselves.

Top Bottom